Ashford Borough Council has a long and proud record of driving high quality place making.
We are looking for an officer who has knowledge and understanding of building constructions as well as recognised methods of repair/reinstatement
You will be assisting the Senior Mechanical & Electrical Surveyor by taking responsibility of the day to day building fabric and M&E installations for the assets in the Corporate Property portfolio.
The scope of work will generally range from statutory inspections along with:
- Condition surveys.
- Initiating reactive and programmed works.
- Assisting in the Delivery of construction and mechanical/electrical related projects.
- Surveying and establishing the condition of buildings.
- Identifying and analyse defects including proposals for repair.
- Assisting with the establishment of a routine maintenance programme for each asset to include determining estimates of the annual maintenance and lifecycle costs
In order to be proficient in this role you will have good knowledge of building pathology an the preservation/conservation of historic buildings and you will have knowledge of traditional building techniques and reference to latest building advances in technology.
This is an outstanding opportunity for the right candidate to be at the forefront of the council’s aspirations, assisting in driving forward key development and regeneration projects.
It is essential that you have an HNC/HND in a relevant subject (Building Studies/Building Surveying/Building Services) and that you have:
- Experience of working with and managing contractors
- Good understanding of construction and/or services and Health & Safety
- Ability to monitor energy consumption in buildings
The role requires job holders to visit and inspect sites on a regular basis and the job holder must be able to safely navigate different heights and terrains.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Paul Stanton on 01233 330510 or Lee Craker on 01233 330268
Hybrid Working We have flexible ways of working to help structure your life in a positive and productive way; both at home and in the office. This maximises personal development and collaborative working.
Generous annual leave entitlement with flexi leave
Salary £34,476 to £37,158 pa depending on skills and experience - plus Lease Car or Cash alternative of £2,080 pa
Ashford Borough Council recognises the need to ensure the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults when they come into contact with the services we provide.
We welcome applications from the Armed Forces Community.