We are seeking to recruit two Neighbourhood Highways Officers, to be based in Okehampton. The role is to work in a dedicated team to recognise local issues and to provide support to County Councillors, Town and Parish Councils, and other community groups.
You will be working alongside our contractors to help maintain and manage the local highway network, identifying and rectifying issues with highways surfacing, cleaning and drainage.
You will also be working with colleagues in the County Council to assess requests regarding other highways matters relating to traffic management, statutory processes, and legal issues.
This role would suit a person with a high degree of personal motivation who enjoys problem solving and working with communities.
For an informal discussion please contact Vicki Braddon or John Fewings on 01392 383000.
What we can offer you
Working for Devon County Council has all the benefits that you can expect from a large employer. In return for the vital contribution that you make, we offer:
- 24.5 days annual leave per year (rising with length of service) plus Bank Holidays
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme – more information can be found on the Peninsula Pensions website
- Access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme – available 24/7 to support you with personal and work life
- Flexible working opportunities, including homeworking (subject to the needs of the role)
- Discounts from local and high street retailers through the Devon Discounts scheme
Closing date: 24th December 21