Do you want to be a part of a high performing team, developing creative projects that benefit the community?
The Community Plus Team’s aim is to build on the existing strengths and assets of Kirklees communities and people, building up resilience so they are better able to deal with the challenges they are facing and ensuring resources are used as effectively as possible.
Community Plus supports people of all ages to help them make positive changes in their lives. We work to:
- Reduce isolation and loneliness.
- Build confidence in whatever people would like to do.
- Connect people to volunteering, training and employment opportunities.
- Connect people to groups and activities in their local area.
The Community Co-ordinators are a flexible and responsive team, and we’re looking for a Community Co-Ordination Manager to lead them.
As a Community Co-ordination Manager you will play a pivotal role in deploying the Community Co-ordination teams, monitoring demand and being responsive to emerging need.
The role requires you to support individual Community Co-ordinators to achieve and develop great community practice. Working within an Early Intervention and Prevention agenda to ensure we are placing our resources where they can achieve the greatest impact.
You will ensure that Community Co-ordinators are being an effective and appropriate interface between the Council, third sector and public sector partners. To do this you will require leadership skills and an aptitude in building up practical collaboration at a community level.
You will support Community Coordinators to deliver high quality case work, supporting both adults and children. You will hold managerial responsibility for the health and safety, safeguarding and other obligations to ensure that all activity involving volunteers, staff and beneficiaries is conducted safely and to quality standards.
- You will be part of a supportive management team and work closely with colleagues in Local Integrated Partnerships services.
- You will have the opportunity to help shape the place-based offer for your locality.
- You will experience rewarding opportunities to direct both casework and work with local community groups to help build resilience in people and communities.
This role will be area-based, but may involve working across Kirklees as needed. Travel is an essential part of this job and therefore it would be extremely difficult for you to undertake the role effectively if you did not use a car for all or most of the time. It is essential that you hold a full and valid driving licence and it is expected that you will either use a council vehicle or your own car.
For a full list of the role requirements please see the attached Job Profile.
What we can offer you?
- Generous annual leave entitlement.
- Friendly and supportive team environment.
- Ongoing training and career development.
- Excellent pension scheme.
- A range of family friendly polices.
- We offer a wide range of well-being initiatives including a cycle to work scheme and discounted KAL membership.
If you require further information or would like to discuss the role please contact Mark Wearmouth or Mags Rogerson (Service Managers) on 01484 221000.
Previous applicants need not apply.
03 January 2022, 11:55 PM
This job is subject to a DBS check at the appropriate level, please refer to the Job Description/Profile. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
If you are internal and want to apply for this job as a secondment you must be a substantive employee of the Council with over 6 months continuous service and have successfully completed your probation period. Applications for secondments will only be accepted if approved by your manager, you will be asked to confirm on your application form that you have the relevant permission. If you are refused permission to apply for a secondment please contact HR Recruitment to register the refusal.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Community Co-ordination Manager JP.pdf – 194KB