Schools ICT are looking to recruit an experienced ICT professional to join our team of Principal Support Officers.
Schools ICT, a traded service of North Yorkshire County Council, are part of the wider Technology & Change Service and work closely with North Yorkshire Education Services as part of NYCC’s commercial services.
Over the last 26 years, Schools ICT have built a solid reputation for delivering high quality, customer focused ICT support and development services. Our 54 staff currently provide services to more than 500 educational and commercial customers.
Working under the direction of one of our Operational Team Leaders, you will play a key role in developing and delivering high level IS/ICT support to a diverse range of commercial, business and educational customers. You will be self-motivated and comfortable both working alone or as part of an established team.
You will have significant and demonstrable experience of installing, managing and supporting Microsoft Client/Server LANs, Internet connectivity and security, network printing and presentation devices. You will have experience or knowledge of cloud-based platforms such as Microsoft 365 and/or Google and their application and support in current business and educational settings.
You will join an established team of five Principal Support Officers delivering high level support across our range of support and development services.
The role of Principal Support Officer is broad and varied and is likely to require you to:
- Provide expert second line support either on the phone, remotely or on site. Giving definitive technical guidance to business and educational customers at all levels and to colleagues in the wider organisation.
- Analyse and resolve complex technical problems.
- Lead and/or assist on specific installation or technical projects.
- Work professionally and efficiently with our 3rd party contractors and suppliers to ensure a high level of communication and customer satisfaction.
- Build strong relationships, with colleagues, customers and suppliers
- Keep up to date with new technologies, assessing and reporting on potential for service development.
This post is based at County Hall, Northallerton however, during current Covid restrictions, you may work from home.
If you would like to speak to someone about the role, please contact email@example.com.