We currently have an exciting developmental opportunity available to recruit 6 fixed term community Alarm Officers until end of March 2022.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who possesses a good working knowledge of the community alarm service including assessing and installing telecare equipment to individuals within their own homes.
You must hold a full driving licence and able to drive the Council's fleet vehicles, both manual and automatic.
You will be required to:
- Plan the diary to ensure all assessments are completed as scheduled.
- To undertake the installation, demonstration and programming of a range of alarm and Telecare equipment.
- To operate the control centre equipment on a 24 hour basis and to receive and answer incoming calls in accordance with the Telecare Service Association Code of Practice policies and procedures and service standards.
- To identify the type of emergency, assess the needs of the customer and initiate appropriate action to calls received on a wide range of issues, emergency, medical, social, housing, telecare and care.
- To provide a courteous and professional service at all times offering information advice and support when dealing with customers, colleagues, councillors, customers and contractors and take necessary action to conclude the enquiry.
- To receive calls from individuals and establishments being monitored for lone worker, Telecare, Telehealth, fire, burglary, temperature control etc and action as appropriate.
- Provide an out of hours answering and filtering services for the Authority's repairs and other services, deciding priority and communicate and liaise with trades operatives, contractors and standby supervisors where appropriate.
- To undertake safety checks on the vehicle used in the course of these duties.
- To provide emergency first aid, and lifting and handling as required.
You must have a Literacy Level 2 qualification as a minimum or equivalent.
A requirement of this post is that any successful candidate must have had a full course of an approved COVID‐19 vaccine prior to starting in the role, or be medically exempt. As part of the recruitment process the successful candidate will need to evidence this requirement.
You will also be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Check.
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
28 hours per week
4 on 4 off rota pattern. 06:00 to 14:30hrs, 14:00 to 22:30hrs and 22:00hrs to 06:30hrs.
We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to their advertised date if we receive a large number of applications. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: email@example.com
Information for Applicants