Following an exciting and ambitious programme of change within Adult Social Care, we are currently in the implementation phase of our new service and are looking for Social Workers who are passionate about their professions to join our team to help us achieve our ambitions for the future.
Applications from newly qualified Social Workers are welcome for one of these posts
We recognise that our workforce are best placed to design and embed new ways of working to achieve a modern social care service able to deliver the best outcomes for the people of Cumbria within a financially sustainable envelope. We have invested in additional Social Work posts, including the creation of a dedicated Safeguarding Team, and are looking to recruit to Social Worker and Senior Social Worker posts:
- To work in a team to undertake strengths-based assessments and deliver appropriate person centred support and outcomes for people in Cumbria with care and support needs
- To work in ways that promote independence, recognise potential for change, and through excellent practice, enable people to maximise their strengths
- To actively promote the work of Cumbria County Council internally and externally, on the development and delivery of continuously improving modern and competitive services for the people of Cumbria.
Long Term Assessment and Review Service
This team will support people, aged 18+, who are living in the community and have been identified as having longer term care and support needs. The service will work across health, social care and third sector organisations with a primary focus upon ensuring that all support plans:
Include robust contingency plans that promote personal resilience to manage temporary changes in need or circumstance
Demonstrate how people will meet their needs and aspirations from a range of sources, including friends, family, third sector, the community, equipment or assistive technology, as well as support services
Our vision for Adult Social Care is a place where people want to come and work, a workforce who feel supported, empowered, and valued for the great work they do; and to develop ways of working that promote greater independence, ensure best value for money whilst putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
Please note this role involves working in regulated activity with Adults. This role requires an enhanced DBS check with an Adults Barred List check.
This is a rolling advert so please register your interest at the earliest opportunity.
The recruiting manager will shortlist applications as and when received and will be in touch with successful candidates to confirm interviews on an individual basis.
Due to the coronavirus, we are operating virtual interviews. This will preferably be undertaken using the Microsoft Teams software, which is currently free for new users, however if there are any issues with accessing this technology, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements prior to the interviews.
Options will be discussed with candidates once they have been invited to the interview stage of the process, and if you have any concerns or adjustments are needed, we are happy to discuss.
What we can offer you:
- Cumbria County Council is a modern, vibrant place to work offering a range of staff benefits, including:
- Flexible working opportunities
- Competitive rates of pay
- Relocation Package (up to GBP 8 000)
- Local Government Pension Scheme with generous employer contribution
- Supportive working environment
- Generous Annual Leave Entitlement
- Maternity paternity adoption and parental leave
- Sickness pay
- A strong training programme with plenty of opportunities for continuing professional development
- *Career Progression Pathways
- Regular Reflective Supervision
- Strong Partnerships with Leading Social Work Practice Educators and research with Lancaster University
- Cycle to work scheme
- Various perks and discounts scheme including money off your phone contract and local gyms
Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion
Cumbria County Council is committed to improving the diversity of its workforce to better reflect the communities we serve. We welcome applications from everyone and work to promote an inclusive, supportive culture that values and celebrates our differences.
As a Disability Confident Employer, disabled applicants, who meet the essential criteria of this job, are guaranteed an interview.
‘Like’ Cumbria County Council Jobs on facebook to keep up to date with the latest job searching tips, news and opportunities.
Please read the supporting information: