Contract: This is a full-time, permanent post but applications from the ideal candidate who may prefer a secondment opportunity in the current educational landscape will be welcomed
We are looking to recruit an experienced, innovative and adaptable education improvement professional to join our Learning Improvement Service Team.
If successful, you will have the opportunity to make a contribution to the local team of a self-improving education system for the benefit of all children and young people in Carlisle and Eden.
The role will include the opportunity to work with multi-agency partners within the designated area to identify and support schools to improve outcomes for children and families.
The successful applicant will:
- work with all stakeholders involved in a system-led collaborative partnership to improve outcomes for all, from Early Years to Post-16 across Carlisle and Eden;
- support a range of solutions that encourage collaboration and support sector-led school improvement;
- undertake school support and work in partnership to maximise the use of the strengths and resources available in the alliance;
- work closely with the Senior Adviser and Chair of the North Area Local Alliance of System Leaders (LASL) to identify schools, academies, settings and providers in need of support to improve;
- work with relevant Local Authority and LASL colleagues to ensure that statutory functions are met.
This role requires an enhanced DBS check with a Childrens Barred List check. Please note this role involves working in regulated activity with Children.
Closing date: 12th December 2021
Interview date: 5th January 2022
We are currently operating virtual interviews. This will preferably be undertaken using the Microsoft Teams software, which is currently free for new users, however if there are any issues with accessing this technology, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements prior to the interviews.
Options will be discussed with candidates once they have been invited to the interview stage of the process, and if you have any concerns or adjustments are needed, we are happy to discuss.
What we can offer you
Cumbria County Council is a modern, vibrant place to work offering a range of staff benefits, including:
*Excellent training and development offers
*Flexible working opportunities
*Opportunity to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
*Various perks and discounts schemes, including money off your phone contract and local gyms
*Competitive rates of pay
Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion
Cumbria County Council is committed to improving the diversity of its workforce to better reflect the communities we serve. We welcome applications from everyone and work to promote an inclusive, supportive culture that values and celebrates our differences.
As a Disability Confident Employer, disabled applicants, who meet the essential criteria of this job, are guaranteed an interview.
‘Like’ Cumbria County Council Jobs on facebook to keep up to date with the latest job searching tips, news and opportunities.
Please see below for further details: