Camden is building somewhere everyone can thrive, by making our borough the best place to live, work, study and visit. Because we’re not just home to the UK’s fastest-growing economy. We’re home to the most important conversations happening today. And we’re making radical social change a reality, so that nobody gets left behind. As a Logistic Manager, you will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and monitoring logistics operations within the Camden Accessible Travel Solutions (CATS) management team.
We’re ready to welcome your ideas, your views, and your rebellious spirit. Help us redefine how we’re Supporting Communities, and we’ll redefine what a career can be. If that sounds good to you, we’d love to talk.
Camden Accessible Travel Solutions (CATS) is the Council’s in-house transport service. CATS sit within Housing Support Services and is part of the Supporting Communities Directorate within Camden Council.
CATS is based within York Way Depot, in King’s Cross, London. The service is responsible for a wide range of transport related services including the provision of accessible buses for children and adults, taxi bookings, fleet maintenance, MOT service, Driver training, fuel provision and manages a range of concessionary travel schemes.
The Logistics Team is responsible for managing and booking transportation, predominantly for Special Educational Needs (SEN) and Adult Social Care (ASC) clients travelling in buses and taxis but this may also extend to other transport options. The Logistics Manager will be a key member of the service management team within CATS.
- To lead and manage a team of Officers within the Logistics Team, instilling a culture of positive customer experience.
- To actively participate in continual service improvement within CATS, as a key member of the Service Management Team.
- To manage the operational delivery of both in-house and contracted accessible transport for adults and children.
- To be responsible for monitoring, managing and remaining within budgets for ASC and SEN transport.
- To utilise a range of software systems, including vehicle routing software, to support the efficient delivery of the service and provide regular management reports.
- To work closely with the Travel Options Manager to deliver the best travel options for the Boroughs’ residents.
- To manage a taxi framework contract with a range of contractors including billing, compliance and auditing.
- Responsible for managing Drivers and Passenger Assistants (Attendance & Performance)
- Carrying out audits of transport suppliers ensuring that standards are met
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and will require an Enhanced DBS.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity the successful candidate must have at least 5 years’ experience in a similar post or hold a degree level qualification. The ideal candidate will, have a sound knowledge of vehicle routing software or be able to route manually if required and have knowledge of the issues associated with providing home to school transport and transport for Adult Social Care residents. Additionally, you will have experience of managing a busy team within a demanding environment, working to distinct deadlines, timeframes for delivery of work, setting and managing budgets; planning routes which offer value for money. The role is supporting a frontline service and the role is depot based.
- Degree level qualification and/or 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience of managing a busy team within a demanding environment; working to distinct deadlines and timeframes for delivery of work.
- Experience of developing, setting and managing performance, instilling a continual improvement culture.
- Experience of providing a customer-focussed service, working in partnership with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience of assessing and managing risk and of working within safeguarding policies and procedures.
- Experience of setting and managing budgets; planning routes which offer value for money
- Experience of managing and delivering a front-line service, responding to emergency situations and communicating with customers in a calm and clear way
Working for Camden
We’re ready to welcome your ideas, your views, and your rebellious spirit. Help us redefine how we’re supporting people, and we’ll redefine what a career can be. If that sounds good to you, we’d love to talk.
At Camden, you’ll receive a host of benefits as well as joining a flexible working employer. Click HERE to see full details of our benefits.
To view the Job Profile, please click HERE
** TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE, PLEASE CLICK HERE - DO NOT CLICK ON THE APPLY FOR JOB BUTTON AS YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED**
To discover more about Camden and our commitment towards diversity, equality and safeguarding, please visit our recruitment website
Asking for Adjustments
Camden is committed to making our recruitment practices barrier-free and as accessible as possible for everyone. This includes making adjustments or changes for disabled people, neurodiverse people or people with long-term health conditions. If you would like us to do anything differently during the application, interview or assessment process, including providing information in an alternative format, please contact us on 020 7974 6655, at firstname.lastname@example.org or post to 5 Pancras Square, London, N1C 4AG.