Due to recent investment in social work in York, our Children’s Social Work team is looking to appoint to a range of exciting vacancies. Join us and help us to make the difference.
York is a city continuing to make history. With world-renowned heritage, vibrant culture, a strong economy and a past shaped by pioneering social reform and care. York is widely recognised as one of the safest and best cities to live in the UK.
It’s our communities that are at the heart of York’s unique character and it’s our precious and ambitious workforce that makes City of York Council.
We’re aspirational for our children, families and communities; relentless in our determination that all children and young people in York get ‘a better start in life’. Look beyond the York that visitors see and you’ll find some of the most in-need communities in the country. We know we have some real challenges here, together with opportunities to make a real difference. That’s why we want the best. That’s why we want you.
You’re passionate, skilled, innovative and people-centred. You want and are driven to make the difference to families, to our team and for yourself.
We know that when you make a difference in one child’s life, you make a difference for generations to come. That’s why what we do every day really matters.
We know you’re thinking about what comes next. We want you to think about York.
We want to make sure that our social workers and managers focus on making a difference and use time well. That’s why we’re trailing a new approach to support our social work teams. As well as having a business support hub, we are adding a designated administration function into social work teams to support our social workers. As part of a pilot scheme, you will really help us to understand how this makes a difference to your quality time with children and families.
Of course, sitting alongside this business support will be a whole heap of digital and smart working equipment that will help you to be as mobile and agile as needs be.
You can look forward to a generous pay and reward package including:
- Innovative, systemic practice approach within children and families case work.
- A supportive and inclusive culture that celebrates success.
- Opportunities to work in a blended, flexible and modern way to ensure that we meet children’s needs and build empowering, enabling and trusting relationships.
- Competitive salaries plus relocation expenses
Qualified Social Workers, Grade 9 (£31,339 - £35,754)
We're currently introducing a new Senior Social Worker career grade 10 (£36,746 - £41,830). This will mean any Social Worker meeting the progression criteria (three years post qualifying experience and NAAS or local equivalent) can be recruited as a Senior Social Worker. The opportunity to progress to a Senior Social Worker is available to all Social Workers across the service once they are able to meet the progression criteria.
- Local government pension scheme with generous employer contribution
- Up to 29 days annual leave entitlement plus an extra 5 days for foster carers
- Family friendly policies
- Assistance with travel to work expenses including discounted Park & Ride annual travel pass and 0% loans for train travel.
- Staff car parking permits
- Comprehensive staff benefits package
- Manageable, monitored caseloads.
- Supported working environment
- Regular reflective supervision.
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching
- Progression opportunities
- Strong leadership
- Support towards NAAS accreditation
For further information visit Working in Children's Social Care or for an informal discussion please contact Dallas Frank, email@example.com, Rose Howley, firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A ROLLING ADVERT AND APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED ON A WEEKLY BASIS