Do you care about hearing local voices? Do you want to help us build relationships between and within communities in Kirklees? Are you an inclusive leader?
We have a key role available in the Communities Team.
You will play a key strategic role leading a team and influencing other services to ensure we support and engage communities effectively, co-ordinate local activity and build relationships with key stakeholders. As service lead for cohesion and inclusion you will determine the service response to issues, events and strategy and work with others to ensure effective delivery.
You will work towards engagement in Kirklees being inclusive and build effective relationships with all communities in Kirklees. You will build on lived experience, listen to communities and take an enabling approach to creating the conditions for an inclusive community.
We are a committed and supportive team looking for a new colleague to work alongside us, our elected members and our local communities. To make a real difference and build a sense of belonging in Kirklees get in touch.
Requirements for this job:
- Sound knowledge and experience of change and transformation.
- Possess expertise in community development techniques.
- Able to manage at a strategic level and develop inclusive partnerships.
- Practical understanding and knowledge of diverse communities and how these contribute to life in Kirklees.
- Conversant with policy and practice relating to integration, community resilience, empowerment, equality, inclusion and cohesion.
- Practical understanding of how communities are empowered to have a greater voice and influence over local decision making and the delivery of services, including improved access to local services.
- A positive and restorative approach to team working.
You can book an informal chat with the Head of Service, Jo Richmond by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or for more information please click apply below
We are planning to hold the interviews W/C 14th February 2022.
The service has a huge impact on our communities and staff - the One World Craft Group and Ramadan Staff Briefing are just two examples of recent projects.