Due to recent investment in social work in York, our Children’s Social Work team is looking to appoint to a range of exciting management vacancies.
York is a city continuing to make history. With world-renowned heritage, vibrant culture, a strong economy and a past shaped by pioneering social reform and care. York is widely recognised as one of the safest and best cities to live in the UK.
It’s our communities that are at the heart of York’s unique character and it’s our precious and ambitious workforce that makes City of York Council.
We’re aspirational for our children, families and communities; relentless in our determination that all children and young people in York get ‘a better start in life’. Look beyond the York that visitors see and you’ll find some of the most in-need communities in the country. We know we have some real challenges here, together with opportunities to make a real difference. That’s why we want the best. That’s why we want you.
You’re passionate, skilled, innovative and people-centred. You want and are driven to make the difference to families, to our team and for yourself.
We know that when you make a difference in one child’s life, you make a difference for generations to come. That’s why what we do every day really matters.
We know you’re thinking about what comes next. We want you to think about York.
We’re currently recruiting to the following permanent full time roles:
You will be responsible for:
- performance and statutory compliance
- providing child focused reflective supervision
- timely management decision making
- ensuring we safeguard and support the children who we work with.
As a management team we’re focused on working together, sharing our skills and supporting each other to enable our dedicated teams to continue to improve outcomes for our children. We all share the same commitment to high standards of practice.
We want to make sure that our managers focus on making a difference and use time well. That’s why we’re trailing a new approach to support our social work teams. As well as having a business support hub, we are adding a designated administration function into social work teams to support our social workers. As part of a pilot scheme, you will really help us to understand how this makes a difference to your quality time with children and families.
Of course, sitting alongside this business support will be a whole heap of digital and smart-working equipment that will help you to be as mobile and agile as needs be.
You can look forward to a generous pay and reward package including:
- Innovative, systemic practice approach within children and families case work.
- A supportive and inclusive culture that celebrates success.
- Opportunities to work in a blended, flexible and modern way to ensure that we meet children’s needs and build empowering, enabling and trusting relationships.
- Competitive salaries plus relocation expenses (£43,155 - £49,635 dependant on the role)
- Local government pension scheme with generous employer contribution
- Up to 29 days annual leave entitlement plus an extra 5 days for foster carers
- Family friendly policies
- Assistance with travel to work expenses including discounted Park & Ride annual travel pass and 0% loans for train travel.
- Staff car parking permits
- Comprehensive staff benefits package
- Manageable, monitored caseloads.
- Supported working environment
- Regular reflective supervision.
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching
- Strong leadership
Please ensure you indicate the role you are interested in within the supporting statement of your application.
For further information visit Working in Social Care
For an informal discussion and to find out more contact:
Closing date: Sunday 16 January 2022 at 12 midnight