Buckinghamshire Council is going places, and we want our residents to be able to do the same. Since our inception, we’ve taken brave steps to maximise the benefits of forming as a new unitary, and we are now driving service change within our highways services as we head towards a new model for delivery. Alongside this, we are reviewing performance across our Parking Services and our Rights of Way Teams and seeking an innovative individual who is excited by constant evolution and finding better, more effective ways to improve our services which benefit our residents, businesses and communities.. You will be landing at a time where you will quickly have an impact, overseeing our £100m capital programme for highways and helping shape our new delivery model for highways and parking services.
For the successful individual you will arrive and need to quickly take ownership of:
- engagement with local Members and Town & Parish Councillors
- driving forward the quality of our highways network. We’re absolutely determined to continue to improve the quality of our roads and footways through investment, innovation and real commitment
- the impact these services can have on the environment. There is innovation to be found in how the quality of our network can have a positive environmental impact. With a rise in electric cars and increased infrastructure to support this, we are also looking at our fleet and increasing the number of electric vehicles and further exploring hydrogen fuel cell vehicles
- improving customer experience. We want a set of services that is known for providing a high-quality customer experience that exceeds KPIs for speed and quality of response, and with policies that make it easy for residents to engage and report issues
- community engagement. Our local area technicians provide the eyes and ears in each ward to ensure the priorities and key issues for our Members, local stakeholders and residents are addressed.
By joining us now, you will be landing at a time where you will quickly have an impact and lead the shape of our new delivery model for highways services, benefitting from a set of Members who value these service areas and have shown this through financial commitment. We are looking at how we can push innovation through our Live Labs partnership, presenting the successful individual with the chance to embed new technologies within services, to be at the cutting edge of modern service delivery and building their reputation, alongside the Council’s, for high quality services that truly make a difference to our residents. Not to mention, you will join a Communities Leadership Team that is supportive and successful, alongside a wider Council Leadership Group that promotes a culture of empowerment and inclusion.
You will have substantial experience of leading and managing a Highways and Technical function in a large public sector organisation. You will bring an understanding of the national policy context, regulatory environment, and demonstrate an ability to manage resources effectively. You will be someone who finds solutions to problems and acts with integrity, transparency and accountability on a daily basis. You will challenge the status quo and existing performance levels, constantly questioning how things can be done better.
If this sounds like you, and you are excited by joining Buckinghamshire Council and helping lead and shape the future of our County, then we’d love to hear from you.
For more information, please click the APPLY button below. Or for a confidential conversation, please contact Anthony Lewis (07747318128) or Clare Connor (0161 408 0703).
Closing date: Sunday 6th February 2022 at Midnight