Fixed Term or Secondment for 12 months
We are committed to flexible working, so please read the Job and Person Profile to find out about the types of flexible working available for this role.
A great opportunity to join Suffolk County Council's Education, Skills and Learning Leadership team as the Head of Organisational Support based at Endeavour House, Ipswich and working countywide.
We are seeking to recruit a suitably skilled, experienced, and qualified senior education professional to join our team.
You will lead on a range of the core statutory responsibilities of the county council, including:
* school effectiveness
* education safeguarding
* maintained school financial management
* maintained school employee relations
* high-level dispute resolution
* contract management.
You will lead a small team on the statutory duties described above and work in close collaboration with the Head of School Improvement and other service leads in Education Skills and Learning as well as wider leaders in the Children and Young People's Directorate, providing support for school leaders including governors which enables them to provide strong leadership of school effectiveness and compliance with statutory expectations. You will also lead on the commissioning role for the local authority with Schools' Choice.
The role will also involve working with school and setting leaders, Governors, politicians, Department for Education Officers, Ofsted/HMI, and the Regional Schools Commissioner's team.
You will need:
* experience at senior management level in an educational setting and/or senior leadership experience in the local authority to secure the trust and confidence of school and setting leaders.
You can view a full list of requirements in the Job and Person Profile (link below). If you think you have what it takes to be successful in this role, even if you don't meet all the requirements, please apply. We would appreciate the opportunity to consider your application.
The Education, Skills and Learning Leadership Team is a dynamic and diverse group of senior educational professionals leading education strategy, influencing education practice and driven by a commitment to improving outcomes for the children of Suffolk.
We will offer you the opportunity to:
* shape the council's education policy and practice
* support and challenge educational settings to improve outcomes for children
* develop your leadership skills and experience in our shared ambition to improve the lives and life chances of Suffolk's children through the transformative power of education.
Travelling requirements for your role
* Frequent Travel Essential - We positively encourage the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role, you will need to travel, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means. If you require a reasonable adjustment due to a disability to meet the travel requirements of this role, please speak with the contact detailed below.
If you would like an informal discussion about the role please contact Adrian Orr, Assistant Director Education, Skills and Learning on (01473) 264709.
To apply and for more information, please follow this link and take note of the application instructions.
Closing date: 11.30pm, 23 January 2022.
Due to the continued situation relating to COVID-19 and reduced occupancy in our buildings we are starting to explore and trial new hybrid and remote working practices. If you wish to discuss how that might impact your working arrangements, please contact the recruiting manager listed above.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.