SMBC is already a leading Local Authority nationally in developing services and ways of working to address Modern Slavery. An exciting opportunity has now arisen to join our Community Safety Team as a Community Safety Modern Slavery and Exploitation Officer. Working closely with our Programme Manager, the wider Community Safety Team, you will help shape and deliver effective services in this rapidly evolving and dynamic field.
We are looking for a positive, pro-active individual who has a recent experience in working with victims of modern slavery and partner agencies.
- You will have an excellent knowledge of safeguarding, wider exploitation and the impact of trauma and ACEs.
- You will help co-ordinate partnership working to prevent modern slavery and human trafficking, and other forms of exploitation of vulnerable persons in Sandwell.
- You will be able to provide appropriate support and guidance to partners to advise and inform responses to modern slavery
- You will coordinate support for protecting victims, which includes the role of a first responder, completing NRM referrals and putting safeguarding arrangements in place
- You will coordinate responses to pursuing perpetrators and disrupting modern slavery locations, through working with a range of agencies
- You will embed work to prevent and reduce opportunities for exploitation across our six towns.
- You will also provide detailed monitoring information, preparing reports and managing key projects across the community safety team and coordinate actions plans and score cards
- You will be delivering training on modern slavery to a range of professionals and the community
- You must be Educated to A level standard or equivalent
This role provides an excellent opportunity to develop skills and links within this area of work, and the broader Community Safety arena and to make a tangible difference to communities across Sandwell and beyond.
For informal discussions contact Wendy Sims, Modern Slavery, Human Trafficking & Exploitation Programme Manager on email@example.com
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
37 hours per week
We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to their advertised date if we receive a large number of applications. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information for applicants