We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced SEND Officer to join the Service.
You will have significant experience of the identification and assessment of children and young people with SEND within a local authority context together with comprehensive knowledge of the Children and Families Act 2014 and the SEN Code of Practice.
You will be responsible for leading on the statutory requirements for the identification and assessment of children and young people with SEND and ensuring they have the opportunity to achieve strong outcomes and supported to achieve their potential into adulthood. You will lead the drive for continuous improvement ensuring high quality performance in terms of statutory assessment and provision across all partners, informed by lived experiences of families.
You will be responsible for the professional supervision of the team of SEND Casework Managers and Caseworkers ensuring consistency in practice and that children, young people and families are fully involved in decisions regarding SEND. . You will be committed to working closely with families and co-production at child and strategic levels. You will take a pride in high quality performance so we can ensure the best outcomes for children and young people.
The post holder will be responsible for:
• Ensuring high quality performance against statutory duties for SEND
• Professional supervision and management of SEND caseworkers and managers in locality based multi-disciplinary hubs ensuring compliance with legislations and the code of practice
• Ensuring caseworkers adopt a family centred approach to the assessment and meeting of needs for children and young people with SEND
Quality assurance of Education, Health and Care Plans and the statutory process
• Ensuring effective practices for decision making regards assessment and provision for SEND
• Ensuring effective transition of young people into adult services
• The analysis of performance of SEND and Inclusion across the county to inform priorities for improvement and change.
• Resolving disputes and complaints at the earliest opportunity
• Significant contribution to the communication strategy at both local and countywide level to ensure stakeholders are fully informed of performance and priorities for SEND and Inclusion.
To be successful you must have:
• Knowledge of Legislative framework for SEND and its application from a local authority context as lead partner
• Detailed knowledge of SEND legislation and inclusion across the 0-25 age range
• A commitment to families and children and young people in ensuring needs are identified and met at the earliest stage and that they are supported through SEND processes
• Have substantial and relevant experience of working in education
In return for your hard work and dedication to our service, we can offer you the chance to be part of a strong and supportive team. You will also benefit from a variety of competitive employee rewards such as local government pension scheme, retail discounts and access to green car scheme, which is just one of a range of salary sacrifice schemes available.
If you would like more information, please contact Jane Le Sage (Assistant Director Inclusion) by emailing: Jane.LeSage@northyorks.gov.uk for an informal conversation.
We welcome individuals looking to relocate, for further information please see our Relocation Policy
Closing date: Midnight Sunday 23rd January 2022
Interview date: Monday 7 February 2022
We look forward to exploring your interest and receiving your application.
Job Description / Person Specification.pdf
Total Rewards Brochure.pdf