Salary range: £52,866 - £56,100 p.a. inc.
- A £5000 ‘golden hello’.
- Brand new 1 and 2-bed Key Worker Housing apartments available on a subsidised rental basis for which permanent social workers and their managers are the highest priority as key workers.
- Competitive starting salaries plus a retention payment equivalent to £1200 per year for these roles
Hours of work: 36 hours per week
Location: Civic Centre
Are you; seeking a challenge, a change of scenery, working with a progressive and creative service.
There has never been a better time to join our LAC and Permanency Service as a LAC Team Manager.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Team Manger to join our LAC and Permanency Service. We currently have six LAC teams within the service who are responsible for managing children within care proceedings and 0-18 LAC. We also continue to work with children and families beyond care proceedings who are subject to Supervision Orders. We pride ourselves on working creatively and keeping our children and young people at the heart of everything we do. We want to see our children and young people flourish and succeed.
You will work in partnership with colleagues in the Children and Young People department, wider council, police, aligned and commissioned services as well as voluntary agencies, to ensure that the LA’s statutory duties are carried out and delivered effectively.
For more information, please visit: www.brent.gov.uk/socialworkbrent
Come and grow your career as social work Team Manager in Brent
We are an Ofsted rated “Good” authority with “Outstanding” grading for the service we provide children in care and care leavers
Brent is a tremendously vibrant London borough where the iconic arch of Wembley Stadium dominates the skyline. Spanning both inner and outer London, it is a borough of huge contrasts in terms of its economic, environmental, ethnic and social make up. Brent’s diversity is evident to all who visit our borough and our long history of ethnic and cultural diversity has created a place that is truly unique and valued by those who live and work here.
The council is pursuing a far-reaching transformation agenda that better meets the needs of our community so it is an exciting time to join us.
We are building a bright future for our children and their families and we would love you to be part of it. Our ambitious career development scheme, well-established practice framework and tailored training programmes for managers are examples of Brent’s continuous support to grow the potential of our staff. Our smaller team structure, with manageable caseloads and practice consultants supporting social workers to deliver services, allows us to provide relationship based and reflective social work practice.
Our team managers work within a friendly and supportive management group, which is in turn supported by a fully permanent senior management team.
Brent is a great place to work. The borough is also one of the most culturally diverse in the UK. With great transport links, the huge ongoing regeneration of Wembley Park and the Iconic Wembley Stadium Brent is a borough on the up. Add to this our award as Council of the Year in 2020 and you can see why now is the time to join Brent.
Our Team Managers
- Are hard working, creative and aspirational individuals who lead their teams by example,
- They have excellent communication skills and can create genuine partnerships with children and parents.
- Have experience of managing social workers and are passionate about supporting staff to achieve their career potential in Brent.
- Are able to sustain high performance in their teams within agreed budgets.
- Can work in partnership with other agencies to provide effective and coordinated responses to the needs of our children and families.
Our benefits and support package to staff is extensive, comparing favourably with other London boroughs. We offer:
- A £5000 ‘golden hello’.
- Competitive starting salaries plus a retention payment equivalent to £1200 per year.
- Brand new 1 and 2-bed Key Worker Housing apartments available on a subsidised rental basis, for permanent social workers from early 2021. These are on the Wembley Park site, just a 5-minute walk from the Brent Civic Centre. The apartments will provide social workers and their managers with a wonderful opportunity to live in a new development close to lots of shops, restaurants and leisure opportunities.
- Manageable caseloads across all teams within a small team model, supported by social work practice consultants who ensure reflective practice is embedded.
- A practice framework that provides sturdy roots and areas for you to grow your practice.
- Excellent training opportunities. Our learning opportunities are designed to enhance direct social work practice through the Brent Practice Framework.
- Probably the best supportive technology amongst London local authorities – through the use of iPhones and laptops.
- A culture of flexible working that reduces barriers for effective working – supported by technology and other resources such as Zipcars.
- Generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
- A host of other rewards and benefits such as a childcare deposit loan scheme, reduced cost gym membership, cycle to work scheme plus many more.
We look forward to receiving your application.
If you have any queries, please contact the recruitment team at email@example.com
Closing Date: extended until 30 January 2022 (23:00)
Brent Council values the diversity of its community and aims to have a workforce that reflects this and therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community. We positively encourage all applicants to self-identify their characteristics in the diversity survey section in the application.
We are committed to safer recruitment and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants should be aware that posts working with children, young people and vulnerable adults are subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.
Brent has a positive approach to flexible working.
As a disability confident employer Brent welcomes applications from people with all disabilities, including hidden disabilities and mental health conditions. We will interview any disabled applicant who meets the essential criteria. If you require reasonable adjustments to be made to any part of the recruitment process due to your disability, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note CVs will not be considered as part of your application for this position.