Starting Salary: £40,000 ( room for progression through full range stated on the job profile)
Job Grade: Level; 4, Zone 1
Work Location: Crowndale Centre and Tavistock House
Hours per week: 36
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing date: Tuesday 1st February 2022, 23:59
Interviews to be held: TBC
Alternative flexible working options available/open to discussion
Camden is building somewhere everyone can thrive, by making our borough the best place to live, work, study and visit. Because, we’re not just home to the UK’s fast-growing economy. We’re home to the most important conversations happening today. And we’re making radical social change a reality, so that nobody gets left behind.
About Camden Council’s ‘Registration Services’ team
We’re a high performing Registration Service that sits within the customer services division in Camden Council. We’re at the forefront of enabling customers to access services via the online in the registration industry and about to move into our exciting refurbished Old Town Hall in the heart of Kings Cross by St Pancras International station. The service registers approximately 10,000 births and 2,400 deaths, as well as conducting over 1,250 civil ceremonies. It operates a split operation across two sites; with birth and death registrations located at the Crowndale Centre, and civil ceremonies at Tavistock Square.
What you’ll be doing
We’re looking for a Registration Manager with a passion for weddings/civil Partnership and outstanding customer services, taking on the responsibility of superintendent registrar. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced registrar with technical knowledge to take the next development step to make their mark. The role is part of the Registration Services management team and will lead a team of up to 15 Registration Officers and lead on the services move to refurbished Old Town Hall.
You will lead, manage, and motivate your team, effectively delivering all service objectives; ensuring coaching, appraisal and management systems are effectively implemented. You will also support the Registration Service Manager in developing and managing the council’s registration and nationality services, which provide statutory and non-statutory services, whilst focusing on efficient use of resources to maximise income generation for the council.
In addition, this role will:
- Take on the statutory responsibility of superintendent registrar
- Build a high-performing and engaged team by coaching, clear communication and involving your team in improving the service
- Always be seeking to improve the customer experience both digitally and face to face
- Design new product and service offerings for ceremonies, registrations and nationality
- Effectively utilising your resource to ensure greatest impact on service delivery
- Have the vision and drive to maximise income generation for the council
- Have an eye for attention to detail and take legal responsibility for statutory service in accordance with General Register Office in the capacity of superintendent registrar or registrar of births and deaths
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and be resilience in managing change processes
- Has the commercial acumen to look at developing new business opportunities
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Registration service experience (civil ceremonies, deaths and birth) with technical knowledge service team
- Enjoys and has proven experience of building high performing teams
- Has a passion for delivering exceptional customer service every single day
- Is proactive in improving performance through strong performance management and process improvement
- Finds it easy building relationships and work collaboratively across the organisation and deliver new ways of working
- Has the ability to deliver results through people, and can work at pace while delivering multiple priorities at once
For more information regarding this role please refer to the job profile.
Working for Camden
We’re ready to welcome your ideas, your views, and your rebellious spirit. Help us redefine our corporate services, and we’ll redefine what a career can be.
At Camden, you’ll receive a host of benefits as well as joining a flexible working employer. Click HERE to see full details of our benefits.
To view the Job Profile, please click HERE
To apply for this job please follow the "Apply" link. In the ‘Why you?’ section of the application you will be required to demonstrate how you meet the role criteria noted in the Job Profile under the “About You” section.
To discover more about Camden and our commitment towards diversity, equality and safeguarding, please visit our recruitment website
Asking for Adjustments
Camden is committed to making our recruitment practices barrier-free and as accessible as possible for everyone. This includes making adjustments or changes for disabled people, neurodiverse people or people with long-term health conditions. If you would like us to do anything differently during the application, interview or assessment process, including providing information in an alternative format, please contact us on 020 7974 6655, at email@example.com or post to 5 Pancras Square, London, N1C 4AG.