We are looking for an experienced, skilled and competent Highways Projects Manager to help deliver a wide range of highway and traffic place-making projects. Broxbourne Borough Council is currently leading on significant town centre regenerations and major developments at Brookfield Riverside, Brookfield Garden Village and the Sunset film studio complex. In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Project work for town centres, highways, traffic and other infrastructure improvements
- Supervising the road adoption process on new developments, the maintenance of the public rights of way network, and the process of vehicle crossover applications
- Managing a Highways Engineer, as well as the budgets for all highway activities
- Preparing reports and providing technical advice to other departments
- Attending meetings, dealing with the public, and handling enquiries and complaints
- Leading the process for Traffic Regulation Orders (TROs), parking places orders and disabled persons parking places orders.
You will need a current valid driving licence, and to demonstrate that you:
- Have a relevant engineering qualification or several years’ experience at a senior level managing highway related projects
- Have a wide range of experience in dealing with highways and traffic matters in a customer driven environment
- Have excellent organisational, time management and communication skills
This post allows the option to work flexibly – which may involve home, office or site working in accordance with the needs of the post and prevailing government guidelines. The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in fluent English is essential.
We are committed to safer recruitment, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The benefits package includes generous leave entitlement, a full training and development programme, membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme and free membership to the Council’s local leisure centres, which includes free access to gyms, swimming pools, fitness classes, racket sport sessions, a health suite and a range of generous discounts across other leisure and culture services.
Broxbourne Council is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Details and application forms for all job vacancies are listed on the Council’s website.
Applications must be submitted online by midnight 10 February 2022 (quoting the above reference).
Borough Offices, Bishops’ College, Churchgate, Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, EN8 9XQ.
Telephone: 01992 785509, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org