This is an exciting opportunity that supports the engagement of children and young people and prevention of exclusion from schools.
The post holder will lead a team working with families, schools, other education providers and multi-agency teams to:
- Work in partnership to proactively reduce the level of exclusions within Sandwell
- Lead on the development and implementation of Sandwell’s Fair Access protocol and policy with regard to permanent exclusion, managed transfers etc.
- Co-ordinate the admission into school of vulnerable children & young people through Fair Access Panels
- Provide advice and support to ensure DfE guidance and statutory procedures are followed correctly for fixed period and permanent exclusions
- To work in partnership with schools, PRUs and AP providers to identify multi-agency development opportunities to support vulnerable C/YP at risk of exclusion.
Educated to degree level or equivalent with relevant post-graduation qualification.
Evidence of further professional development
You will also be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Check.
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
37 hours per week
We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to their advertised date if we receive a large number of applications. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information for applicants