Would you like to work in a professional environment where you will have an impact on the successful delivery of Lambeth's Strategic Programmes?
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity to you then Lambeth’s Programme Performance service are looking for a self-motivated and experienced Corporate Programme Manager to work in partnership with various departments across the council to deliver a range of programmes and projects.
As it becomes increasingly difficult to deliver services in a political environment Lambeth continues to grow and achieve our Borough Plan commitments by focusing on innovation and providing value for money to our communities through our transformational programmes and projects.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for candidates to gain new experiences and develop their skills in a challenging yet supportive environment.
The applicant should have strong knowledge and practice of project and programme management methodologies and corporate reporting frameworks, as well as experience of working with a variety of senior stakeholders. Communication is key; you will be highly motivated and capable of working with a range of stakeholders to drive change and ensure delivery of tangible benefits.
- You will be responsible for reporting progress against agreed programmes and projects in a transparent and accountable manner aligned to the Council’s programme management framework.
- To develop and ensure project, programme and change management skills are transferred to staff and embedded within the Council via direct delivery, challenge, coaching, direction and advice to enable continual organisational development
- To define and track benefits managing dependencies; understanding internal capacity and capability and commissioning additional support; identifying, tracking and mitigating risks and issues.
- To ensure successful delivery of programmes and/or projects under your direct delivery
To succeed in this role you will need:
• Significant experience in a project management environment, leading and delivering a diverse range of projects and programmes
• Experience of dealing with varied stakeholders and competing priorities
• Ability and experience of communicating complex information to a variety of audiences with different levels of understanding
• Experience of juggling numerous interdependent tasks, therefore able to multitask while finding creative solutions to problems
• Experience of working in a political environment with shifting priorities which may require re-organisation of work priorities without notice
• Experience of coaching programme and project delivery teams
To apply please upload your CV and a personal statement demonstrating how you meet the shortlisting criteria marked on the person specification.
For an informal conversation about the role please contact Adrian Thompson on 0207 926 9058 or email AThompson3@lambeth.gov.uk
Closing date: Sunday 30 Janaury 2022 at mdingiht.
Job Description and Person Specification