Children's Services – Advanced Practitioner (Team Based)
PO5: £45,594 pa rising in annual increments to £48,576 pa incl. LW
In Lambeth, we value and invest in our social workers. We recognise that our staff are our greatest asset and we want thoughtful, talented Social Workers to assist us in giving the best possible, most helpful support to our most vulnerable children, families and carers.
We have lots to offer; from our rich learning and development programme and our competitive salaries to our exceptional career progression pathways and manageable caseloads. Manage your work-life balance through our flexible working opportunities, and work in the heart of Brixton, one of London’s most vibrant cultural centres.
But most importantly, we are looking for reflective, dedicated social workers who want to focus on great practice that makes real and positive difference for children and young people we support.
Lambeth promotes Systemic approaches to working with families and communities. Through our innovative “Children at the Heart of Practice” framework, we are inspiring, resourcing and enabling social workers to undertake great relationship-based social work practice.
Find out more by clicking here to visit our jobsite.
The Advanced Practitioner post is a newly created role in Lambeth launching at the beginning of 2020. We have situated an Advanced Practitioner in the majority of our social work teams, you will be the champions of systemic and relationship based social work, holding a reduced, more complex caseload alongside supporting, mentoring and assisting in managing the team of 5 other social workers including a Newly Qualified Social Worker completing their ASYE.
These new roles are focused on supporting a culture and environment where outstanding social work practice can truly flourish. As an Advanced Practitioner, you’ll be dedicated to promoting the highest standard of social work practice by supporting and developing Lambeth social workers to achieve the very best outcomes for children and families.
You will deliver and be a role model for meaningful, creative and innovative social work practice through a collaborative and systemic approach. Drawing on the values Lambeth’s Children at the Heart of Practice framework in your work with children and families.
We have vacancies in the following services: (please confirm the preferred service area on your application)
· 1 x Family Support and Child Protection (FSCP)
· 1 x Integrated Referral Hub (MASH)
· 1 x Children Looked After (CLA)
Advanced Practitioners in Lambeth can look forward to accessing training opportunities which include:
- A 3 day introduction to systemic practice offered to all staff
- Specialist training in systemic approaches to working with domestic violence and adolescents
- 30 places per year for 1st year accredited systemic training
- Funded training to Practice Educator status
Advanced Practitioners in Lambeth:
- Earn a competitive salary rising up to £47,274
- Have the opportunity to shape and pioneer an exciting new role in Lambeth Children’s Social Care
- Be part of a group of 22 practice champions working across the different service areas.
- Benefit from flexible working opportunities such as working from home and compressed hours (negotiated on an individual basis)
- Are situated in the heart of Brixton (2 mins walk from Brixton Tube) with access to and discounts on the renowned local amenities
- Manage a caseload which is below the inner London average
- Work from a fantastic, modern working environment in the award-winning Lambeth Town Hall and Civic Centre buildings
- Receive 26 days of annual leave (rising to 31 days with continuous service of more than five years)
- Have access to a comprehensive benefits package, including local government pension scheme, and interest free loans for season tickets, bikes and computers
Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Further information about the DBS can be found at www.homeoffice.gov.uk/agencies-public-bodies/dbs
Find out more about why Lambeth is a great place to take the next step in your social work career, please visit our website: http://www.inspirelambethsocialwork.com/
Click the 'Apply' button and upload your CV and a supporting statement explicitly evidencing how you meet the shortlisting criteria marked with an “A” on the job description (max one side of A4).
Job Description and Specification
Closing Date: 20th February 2022 at midnight
Lambeth aims for quality services and equal opportunities for all and is committed to safer recruitment.