About the Role
The Policy and Strategy Team sits at the heart of the council, working with residents, senior officers, elected members and our key partners to develop corporate strategy that delivers on the borough priorities.
We are looking for a policy maker who is an able communicator with good analytical skills, with a track record of leading and delivering policy and/or strategy development.
The successful candidate will:
- Lead and manage a range of exciting policy and strategy projects that deliver on corporate strategic priorities.
- Facilitate and support policy and strategy development by using a range of policy development tools, including evidence and insight, briefing papers and reports.
- Provide advice and support to colleagues from across the organisation on the Council’s Public Sector Equality Duty.
For a full, comprehensive list of role responsibilities please see the job description and person specification attached at the bottom of this advert.
We’re looking for someone who has at least 2 years experience of policy and/or strategy development with proven experience of working directly with senior management in a complex and politically led environment. You will have:
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to proactively build strong relationships with stakeholders and partners.
- Demonstrable ability to work across a range of subject areas, learning quickly when required.
- A natural ability to prioritise collaboration and accountability in your approach to work. The ability to welcome feedback and present constructive challenge where appropriate is essential.
For Further Information: Attachments