This opportunity is being advertised on behalf of Lincolnshire County Councils Highways Maintenance partner Balfour Beatty.
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Highways Maintenance Operative to join our Living Places business unit to work in Lincolnshire.
These positions are based across Lincolnshire at LCC/Balfour sites in Horncastle, Sturton, Pode Hole and Sleaford.
Salary on offer is: £19,773 - £25,870, offers will be based on experience and skills.
- Required to work within the revenue team on the Lincolnshire Term Maintenance contract completing reactive, emergency and winter service operational activities; utilising knowledge and experience to ensure that all works are completed to the required Health, Safety and Quality standards;
- Responsible for carrying out all aspects of Highways Maintenance works including routine and cyclical maintenance, minor civils, emergency attendance, making sites safe and temporary / permanent repairs.
What you'll be doing
As a Highways Maintenance Operative you will:
- Work within a culture of Zero Harm embedding the 4 Golden Rules within all aspects of service delivery;
- Report all observations Close Calls and Good Practices;
- Compliance with all statutory and company procedures across all the functions, specifically H&S;
- Develop and maintain good working relationships across all teams.
- Carry out a broad range of Highway maintenance activities - safety, efficiently and to a high standard;
- Conduct operational activities against required quality standards;
- Undertake required work progress against agreed programmes;
- Select and undertake appropriate work methods to ensure the work is completed right first time;
- Ensure that work activities meet project work requirements;
- Utilise the effective deployment and use of plant, equipment or machinery;
- Organise, control and monitor supplies of materials;
- Evaluate job information / solution and recommend improvements.
- Carry out all reasonable work instructions via the handheld device;
- Support the emergency service provision in and out of hours;
- Support the delivery of winter service provision;
- Contribute to the overall profitability of the services providing through effective use of resources.
- Provide customer service in construction;
- Be an ambassador for Balfour Beatty at all times.
Who we're looking for
The following qualities are essential:
- Health and Safety first;
- Adaptable to changing situations;
- Team work;
- Willing to learn;
- Listen to and do what is required;
- Pride in work;
- Honest / Act with integrity;
- Customer facing;
- Positive Attitude;
- Professional Conduct;
- Willing to share knowledge;
- Quality and accuracy of work;
- Continually striving to improve performance;
- Good Communication skills.
The following experience is desirable:
- Carriageway pot hole / patch repairs;
- Highway Civils;
- Linear Drainage;
- Iron works;
- Gritting roads;
- Traffic Management;
- Block Laying;
- Plant awareness;
- Manual Handling.
The following Qualifications are desirable:
- Class 2 Licence;
- First Aid;
- Lantra T1;
- Lantra T2;
- Abrasive Wheel;
- Manual Handling;
- NVQ Winter Service;
- Roller / Dumper;
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.