What are we looking for?
We are looking for social workers across our service: (please confirm the preferred service area on your application)
- Referral and Assessment
- Family Support and Child Protection
- 16+ Independence
Lambeth promotes Systemic approaches to working with families and communities.
By embedding systemic values in our innovative ‘Children at the Heart of Practice’ framework, we are inspiring, resourcing and enabling social workers to undertake impactful relationship-based practice.
Find out more about our approach by clicking here to visit our jobsite.
We are looking for social workers who share our values: Social workers who understand the value of building strong collaborative relationships, are reflective, dedicated, and focus on great practice that makes a real difference to the children and families we support.
Why join us in Lambeth?
- Competitive Salary: Starting at £35,067 with the potential to rise through to £42,609 (including ‘London Weighting’)
- 26 days of annual leave, rising to as many as 31 days as a reward for continuous service
- Opportunity for career progression with a clear pathway from ‘social worker’ to ‘advanced practitioner’ to ‘team manager’
- Hybrid working model: At the moment we are splitting our time between ‘working-from-home’ and ‘office working’ (when completing visits).
- When in the office you’ll have a fantastic modern working environment in the award-winning Lambeth Civic Centre
Our commitment to you…
In Lambeth, we value, and invest in, our social workers. We understand that great social work practice depends upon; manageable caseloads, being well-supported and having the opportunity to reflect and learn:
- Caseloads in Lambeth are lower than the inner London borough average
- Training is valued and prioritised and we offer an extensive learning and development programme:
- A 3-day ‘introduction to systemic practice’
- Specialist training in Systemic approaches to working with domestic violence and adolescents
- 30 places per year for 1st year accredited Systemic training
- Funded training to Practice Educator status
- You will be well-supported:
- You will be part of a small team (6 social workers)
- Supported by an ‘advanced practitioner’
- Have regular group supervision
- Have the opportunity to be supported by qualified Systemic therapists in our new ‘reflective spaces’
Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Further information about the DBS can be found at www.homeoffice.gov.uk/agencies-public-bodies/dbs
Find out more about why Lambeth is a great place to take the next step in your social work career, please visit our website: http://www.inspirelambethsocialwork.com/
Click the 'Apply' button and upload your CV and a supporting statement explicitly evidencing how you meet the shortlisting criteria marked with an “A” on the job description (max one side of A4).
Job Description and Specification
Closing Date: 13th February 2022 at midnight
Lambeth aims for quality services and equal opportunities for all and is committed to safer recruitment.