We want Kirklees to be a place which combines a strong and sustainable economy with a great quality of life; a place with thriving communities, growing businesses, high prosperity, low inequality and where people enjoy better health throughout their lives. We’ve been on a journey over the recent years to develop a very different organisation, one which is outcome focused.
The Council and its partners are undertaking a significant portfolio of transformational change activities that impact across the whole of the council and Kirklees. Delivering complex whole system-wide changes, focused on improving outcomes requires us to be whole system leaders and consider new ways of working to meet the needs of citizens.
Our existing Transformation team consists of experienced project and programme managers, and we work closely with other enabling colleagues, such as our digital transformation colleagues. For this transformation role we are looking for someone who brings a whole system thinking approach and can enable transformation through providing independent support and challenge to groups, stakeholders and with partners to:
- understand the outcomes we are trying to improve – from the perspectives of multiple stakeholders;
- assess all of the data and intelligence, existing programmes and the external environment to fully understand the context in which we are working;
- identify and test the many options for how to achieve positive outcomes, and; provide advice and guidance throughout the implementation of changes.
You will report to the Head of Transformation and culture change and will work with colleagues across the council and partnership who are looking to transform what they do and how they do it. You will work in a highly collaborative way with colleagues from other key enabling functions.
A key element of this role is the ability to work with stakeholders to make change happen ‘on the ground’. It requires a proven track record of effectively implementing change in a complex environment (not just talking about it). This role will require you to act as a positive champion for transformational change in the organisation, with the ability to influence others.
Requirements for this job include:
- Recognised technical expertise in areas of transformation and change and/or Organisational Development (OD) (evidenced through qualifications and/or equivalent experience) as well as the ability to apply to this area of work;
- Proven ability to lead a large and complex programme of system transformation and culture change work, with appropriate oversight and support from the Head of Service;
- Skilled in partnership working with a wide range of stakeholders – able to engage and facilitate helpful conversations : providing support and challenge to identify and deliver outcomes;
- Experience in supporting change in a range of service areas and/or organisations,
- Ability to work independently, and deliver work to agreed deadlines;
- Experience of working with councillors and displays political awareness;
- Has a good working knowledge of public and private sector innovation nationally and internationally and is able to apply this as appropriate within the Council.
You will have day to day responsibility for leading one or more of the corporate priorities within the transformation programme and be the named business partner for one or more of the Councils directorates.
For an informal conversation about the role and remit please contact Clair Ashurst-Bagshaw, Head of Transformation and Culture at email@example.com
Kirklees Council is a flexible employer.
20 February 2022, 11:55 PM
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job Profile.pdf – 270KB