This is where you can really make a difference.
How would you like to work within a dedicated court team, if you are an enthusiastic professional, this team could be for you:
· Specialise in working with children and families in the public law outline and care proceedings, both private and public
· Completing specialist reports as court directed
· Being the expert in your field in completing comprehensive social work assessments
The completion of sibling and needs assessments
· Developing support and transition plans
· Provide a purposeful, professional social work service to children and their families with matters before the court
· Offer families the support and intervention they need to make and sustain positive change so they can safely meet the needs of their children
· Through our restorative practice approach, you will actively encourage imaginative, and family focussed interventions
· When children cannot remain with their family, that they have timely plans of permanency, through to adoption.
· Working closely with the adoption team in respect of family finding, matching and adoption
Bolton have a dedicated and stable legal team that works closely with the court teams.
You will work closely with Bolton’s fostering service, family and friends service and adoption service.
You will be surrounded by a strong, supportive network of experienced Social Workers and Managers who will provide you with a comprehensive induction, training, help and advice to enable you to reach your full potential.
Take a look at the attached job description for more information on our roles…
If this sounds like an opportunity you’d like to know more about, we’d love to hear from you. For an informal chat, please contact our Team Managers, Sarah Crowther (07581212483) or Samantha Donohoe (07969529137).
We want you to inspire us and have a real impact on the way we work. In return you will gain the opportunity to develop your professional skills and your career in a challenging but supportive environment.
You will be motivated and enthusiastic, with excellent communication skills enabling you to build professional relationships with children and their families to ensure their engagement.
You will have good knowledge and experience in safeguarding children, as well as being able to produce high quality, timely assessments and understand the current changes within children’s social work.
You will act as a champion for service development and improvement within Safeguarding and Early Help, role modelling Research in Practice and undertaking high quality assessments.
You will be able to produce reports to an excellent standard, and deliver accurate and concise information verbally, in written form and where necessary in court.
Are you a Social Worker looking for your next challenge? Then Bolton would love to hear from you!
As set out in our Bolton 2030 vision, our aim is to support people to Start Well, Live Well and Age Well and we are passionate about keeping children and young people at the heart of the work we do. We want to make sure all our children and young people have the best possible start in life, so they have every chance to succeed and be happy.
Following our recent Ofsted focussed visit, which confirmed how great our staff and our services are, Ofsted said:
‘Social workers feel supported and safe working in Bolton.’
‘Social workers receive regular supervision, and this is effective in supporting them to reflect on their practice.’
‘Social workers talk passionately about ‘their children’. They establish strong relationships with children and know them well. Social workers enjoy working in Bolton.’
Bolton is a fantastic place to work, and our employees thrive working here. We are incredibly proud of our Bolton Family, of which you will become an integral part.
For more information about working for Bolton Council, please see the Working with Us page on greater.jobs and see all the benefits you can get here:
Staff Benefits at Bolton Council
Our Values are really important to us, read all about them here:
For further details of the role and how we use your data, please see:
Documents for Right to Work
Documents for DBS