Location: The Sensory Team is a countywide team. You would be working across North Yorkshire as part of a county wide team but primarily working across Harrogate, Selby and Ryedale. Office base negotiable plus home working.
We are looking for a committed and enthusiastic person to join our countywide Sensory Service in the beautiful county of North Yorkshire. If you are passionate about promoting quality outcomes for people with sight loss we would love to hear from you. The Sensory Team is a countywide team. You would be working across North Yorkshire as part of a county wide team but primarily working across Harrogate, Selby and Ryedale. Office base negotiable plus home working.
As a Rehabilitation Officer you will be responsible for preventing, reducing and delaying the needs of adults with care and support needs. You will support people by teaching them the skills to maintain their independence, including daily living skills, mobility and orientation, use of specialist equipment and facilitating improved communication skills. You will also work with people who are visually impaired that might have additional complex needs such as dual sensory loss. Furthermore, you will play a key part in ensuring that people make best use of community services as appropriate to promote their wellbeing and independence.
You will undertake assessments of need with people who are visually impaired, supporting those who have been assessed by planning, implementing and reviewing rehabilitation programmes that can meet their preferred outcomes.
Working in a changing environment, you will also be challenged with developing closer working relationships with Health and other partners to deliver improved outcomes for people who are visually impaired in North Yorkshire.
What are we looking for?
- A recognised qualification in Rehabilitation e.g. Diploma in Rehabilitation Studies (Visual Impairment).
- Ability to undertake specialist assessments and devise and implement person centred outcome based rehabilitation programmes.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in close partnership with families and carers, a variety of teams and agencies, including prevention teams, the voluntary and independent sector and the health sector.
- Someone to find safe and creative ways to support the people you work with including customers and colleagues.
In return, we can offer you:
- The opportunity to develop knowledge, experience and skills with a leading care provider.
- A programme of professional support, supervision and training.
- The opportunity to work as part of a safe culture of support and learning, which we expect all staff to endorse.
- The challenge of complex and varied work through a manageable caseload.
- A variety of competitive employee benefits including generous leave entitlement, career average pension scheme with excellent benefits, access to range of salary sacrifice schemes and discounts.
- Travel expenses will be reimbursed for travelling across the geographical patch.
- The opportunity to play a key part in the development of our services.
We are supported with modern technology and accessibility. This will facilitate flexible and agile working from home or other work bases.
North Yorkshire has major transport links by road including the A1(m), A19 and A64, making North Yorkshire easily accessible and commutable from many surrounding areas including Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Teesside, Hull, York, Bridlington, East Riding, Doncaster and Leeds.
If you share our ethos of promoting wellbeing and preventing, reducing and delaying need, we look forward to hearing from you.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Stephen Wright, Sensory Services Team Manager in the first instance using the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Description - Rehabilitation Officer Grade J.docx
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.