We are an authority that has been on a major improvement journey, and we look to the future with a renewed sense of purpose where we are making a real difference to children and families in the city.
Our Education and Skills Service is part of our People Services Portfolio bringing together children’s and adult’s services into a single all-age service, focused on supporting the learning, health, wellbeing, safety and economic prosperity of the people of Sheffield and will play an important role in building on the recent White Paper and the future of the local authority.
Responsible for leading a newly formed service including
- Schools Admissions, Attendance, Exclusions, Alternative Provision
- 0-5 SEND, Elective Home Education, Children Missing Education
- Virtual School.
Our key focus is on prevention and inclusion enabling all citizens, including children and young people, to access services easily and meet their full potential.
We are looking for
- A strategic leader who can meet the challenge through sustainable, innovative, and creative ways of working
- Clear passion for providing excellent services that support and safeguard children
- A relentless focus on driving improvements, forming collaborative partnerships and influencing key stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively across all learning organisations including early years settings, schools, academies and post 16 providers
- A proven track record in change management within the education system with excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Can demonstrate impact in improved performance
This is an exciting time to join Sheffield City Council and an opportunity to make a real difference
If you would like to make an informal enquiry about the post please contact Andrew.Jones1@sheffield.gov.uk
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be required to complete an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
HoS Access and Inclusion final.docx
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.