The Children and Families Wellbeing Service works with children, young people and their families to support them to achieve the best outcomes possible. This role within the youth strand of the Service is aimed at supporting young people where there are vulnerabilities such as a risk of offending, re-offending, causing harm to others, and their own emotional wellbeing. The principal aim is to minimise (and ideally prevent) the risk of these events occurring through planned interventions and innovative delivery styles.
- NVQ level 3 (or equivalent) plus relevant experience or demonstrable experience identified within the sections below
- Experience of working with Children, young people and families in either case or group work situations
- Experience of engaging with young people who are vulnerable or from hard to reach group
- Experience of developing and delivering training and group work
- Underpinning knowledge of theories of engagement of young people
- Awareness of the issues faced by young people (social, economic and inter-personal)
- Awareness and commitment to implement safeguarding procedures in accordance to local Safeguarding Children Board
- Understanding of the production and delivery of effective interventions for young people
- Knowledge of child development and awareness of differing needs of children and young people
- The ability to work independently, as part of a team and in collaboration with partners and other
- Excellent and engaging communication skills written verbal and presentation
- Good organisational, planning skills and working to deadlines
- The use of innovative and interactive techniques to engage young people, parents, staff and partners in particular those children, young people and families that are hard to reach
This post is the subject of a DBS enhanced check for a regulated activity
Please see the Job Description / Person Specification which are attached further down on this page
For informal enquires please contact Rachel Lobel Tel: 0116 305 0030 Email: Rachel.Lobel@leics.gov.uk
We are on a journey to be an inclusive department where a culture to celebrate equality, diversity and inclusion is embedded and discrimination challenged at every level together as a department. We warmly welcome those from all cultures, ethnicities and beliefs - this diversity is vital to our journey and is fundamental to our values and enriches the services we offer our children and families. We particularly welcome applicants from black, minority, ethnic (BME) communities, disabled people and lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans (LGBT) communities, as they are currently under represented within our workforce.
For further information about working for Leicestershire County Council, please click here.
If you have any technical issues completing your application form please contact https://emss.freshdesk.com/support/home
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.