We're looking for enthusiastic social workers to become part of the Looked After Children Team.
The post predominantly involves statutory work with Looked after children, though we also carry some Child in need cases with children on Supervision orders or “stepped down “ from Care orders.
- Provide a purposeful, professional social work service to looked after children with a focus on providing permanency.
- We also focus on working towards the re-unification of Looked after children with their birth families.
- Offer families the support and intervention they need to make and sustain positive change so they can safely meet the needs of their children.
- Work closely with other professionals and carers to improve the outcomes for looked after children.
- You will be surrounded by a strong, supportive network of experienced Social Workers and Managers who will provide you with a comprehensive induction, training, help and advice to enable you to reach your full potential.
This is an essential car user post & you must have a current driving licence & access to a vehicle.
Take a look at the attached job description for more information on our roles…
We want you to inspire us and have a real impact on the way we work. In return you will gain the opportunity to develop your professional skills and your career in a challenging but supportive environment.
You will be motivated and enthusiastic, with excellent communication skills enabling you to build professional relationships with children and their families to ensure their engagement.
You will have good knowledge and experience in safeguarding children, as well as being able to produce high quality, timely assessments and understand the current changes within children’s social work.
You will be able to produce reports and assessments to an excellent standard, and deliver accurate and concise information verbally, in written form.
Our offer to you
Being a Social Worker is not easy, but it is rewarding. You will have access to a wide range of benefits to support you to be the best you can be, including:
Agile & flexible working options, ensuring you achieve a good work life balance.
- Supportive work environment where we recognise and reward your experience as a Social Worker
- Regular supervision from experienced Team Managers
- A clear progression pathway, with great career development opportunities
- Access to learning and development opportunities and activities for your Continued Professional Development
- Opportunities to shape practice and service delivery with the Principal Social Worker Team
- Full access to Research in Practice learning resources
- Supportive, directive and visible management and a commitment to a manageable workload.
- Up to £3,000 Relocation Package
- Health & wellbeing support
- Excellent pension scheme
- Generous annual leave – a minimum of 28 days, rising to 31 days after 5 years’ service.
- Essential car user allowance on top of your salary
- Access to a range of staff benefits including gym membership, Cycle to Work and car lease schemes.
- Employee Assistance Programme
Are you a Social Worker looking for your next challenge? Then Bolton would love to hear from you!
As set out in our Bolton 2030 vision, our aim is to support people to Start Well, Live Well and Age Well and we are passionate about keeping children and young people at the heart of the work we do. We want to make sure all our children and young people have the best possible start in life, so they have every chance to succeed and be happy.
Following our recent Ofsted focussed visit, which confirmed how great our staff and our services are, Ofsted said:
‘Social workers feel supported and safe working in Bolton.’
‘Social workers receive regular supervision, and this is effective in supporting them to reflect on their practice.’
‘Social workers talk passionately about ‘their children’. They establish strong relationships with children and know them well. Social workers enjoy working in Bolton.’
Bolton is a fantastic place to work, and our employees thrive working here. We are incredibly proud of our Bolton Family, of which you will become an integral part.
For more information about working for Bolton Council, please see the page on greater.jobs
Staff Benefits at Bolton Council
Our Values are really important to us, read all about them here:
For further details of the role and how we use your data, please see:
Documents for Right to Work
Documents for DBS
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.