The provision of a social work service to families, including assessment and planning in accordance with statutory requirements and Departmental Policies.
To contribute to the planning and development of the Team’s and the Department’s Referral and Assessment Service.
To participate in providing a duty service and support the Integrated Front Door where necessary.
To undertake Section 47 (Child Protection) enquiries, children and family assessments and short term interventions.
To work directly with families using a range of social work knowledge, skills, methods and techniques.
To work within the Courts, taking statutory action when necessary to protect a child, including Emergency Protection Order applications and initiation of Care Proceedings.
To undertake short term social work intervention to assist children and families and to work with partner agencies to formulate child action and child protection plans.
If this sounds like an opportunity you’d like to know more about, we’d love to hear from you. For an informal chat, please contact our Team Managers,
Sarah Jackson, Katie Hudson or Chris Ford – 01204 337400.
We want you to inspire us and have a real impact on the way we work. In return you will gain the opportunity to develop your professional skills and your career in a challenging and supportive environment.
We are looking for enthusiastic, innovative and committed Social Workers to join us in our assessment teams. The assessment team will take cases from the point of referral, complete assessments, strategy meetings, initiate Legal proceedings and PLO where required and the case will then transfer to our long-term team or step down with a creative Early Help plan.
You will have good knowledge and experience in safeguarding children, as well as being able to produce high quality, timely assessments and understand the current changes within children’s social work.
You will act as a champion for service development and improvement within Safeguarding and Early Help, role modelling Research in Practice and undertaking high quality assessments.
You will be able to produce reports to an excellent standard and deliver accurate and concise information verbally and in written form.
Our offer to you
Being a Social Worker is not easy, but it is rewarding. You will have access to a wide range of benefits to support you to be the best you can be, including:
Supportive work environment where we recognise and reward your experience as a Social Worker
- Supportive work environment where we recognise and reward your experience as a Social Worker
- Regular supervision – formal and informal
- Free and ample parking
- On site Café facilities for breakfast and lunch
- Work with you to identify your career aspirations and support you to achieve these
- A clear progression pathway, with great career development opportunities
- Access to learning and development opportunities and activities for your Continued Professional Development
- Opportunities to shape practice and service delivery with the Principal Social Worker Team
- Full access to Research in Practice learning resources
Even more reasons to join us at Bolton:
In Bolton, we are continuing to strengthen the implementation of our practice model, the Bolton Family Framework across the whole department to build on and develop restorative practice.
Additionally we offer:
- Agile & flexible working options, ensuring you achieve a good work life balance
- Involved in a programme of thought-provoking and relevant staff engagement events, led by visible leaders and managers
- Supportive, directive and visible management and a commitment to a manageable workload
- Up to date technology
- Up to £3,000 Relocation Package
- Salary is flexible and will be dependent on experience and skills
- Health & wellbeing support
- Excellent pension scheme
- Generous annual leave – a minimum of 28 days, rising to 31 days after 5 years’ service
- Essential car user allowance on top of your salary
- Access to a range of staff benefits including gym membership, Cycle to Work and car lease scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
Are you a Social Worker looking for your next challenge? Then Bolton would love to hear from you!
As set out in our Bolton 2030 vision, our aim is to support people to Start Well, Live Well and Age Well and we are passionate about keeping children and young people at the heart of the work we do. We want to make sure all our children and young people have the best possible start in life, so they have every chance to succeed and be happy.
Following our recent Ofsted focussed visit, which confirmed how great our staff and our services are, Ofsted said:
‘Social workers feel supported and safe working in Bolton.’
‘Social workers receive regular supervision, and this is effective in supporting them to reflect on their practice.’
‘Social workers talk passionately about ‘their children’. They establish strong relationships with children and know them well. Social workers enjoy working in Bolton.’
Bolton is a fantastic place to work, and our employees thrive working here. We are incredibly proud of our Bolton Family, of which you will become an integral part.
For more information about working for Bolton Council, please see the Work with Us page on greater.jobs
Staff Benefits at Bolton Council
Our Values are really important to us, read all about them here:
For further details of the role and how we use your data, please see:
Documents for Right to Work
Documents for DBS
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS with check of relevant barred list is therefore required for this post.
This post is a designated customer facing role under the fluency duty and requires a specified level of spoken English as per the person specification.
This organisation has signed up to the Greater Manchester Continuous Service Commitment. That means we will recognise your continuous or ‘unbroken’ service in any Greater Manchester local authority or NHS organisation, Transport for Greater Manchester, Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service or Greater Manchester Combined Authority, giving you access to our service-related benefits.