North Yorkshire is seeking to appoint a Qualified Teacher of the Deaf (QTod) to join our enthusiastic team who support the achievements of deaf/hearing impaired children and young people, their families, early years settings and schools across the county. The post is peripatetic and part of the wider Inclusion Service.
Required from September 2022.
Are you a highly motivated, enthusiastic and experienced Teacher of the Deaf who is committed to improving outcomes for children and young people with a hearing loss.
Ideally, the successful candidate would:
· have the specialist mandatory qualification in teaching Deaf children
· have a postgraduate Qualification in Educational Audiology
· have an understanding of and a commitment to inclusive education and an ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
· have excellent communication skills
· hold the BSL Level 2 qualification
· have experience of managing a peripatetic caseload
· have experience in working with a range of different settings and with all of age groups 0-25
· have transport enabling them to travel over a wide rural area.
· be comfortable with presenting training to individuals and groups either face to face or online
· be able to support and manage a HI Specialist Practitioner
· be enthusiastic, self-motivating and flexible with a solution-focused attitude.
For an informal conversation, we would welcome you to contact Julie Broome (Lead for Hearing) by emailing Julie.Broome@northyorks.gov.uk or phoning 07966935284
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.