To support the development of the Leicestershire County Council’s young carers offer to meet the relevant statutory outcomes around assessments and the identification of young carers across the County. This will include working in partnership and developing new partnerships across the County.
To ensure that young carers across Leicestershire achieve their outcomes, particularly around achieving their educational potential and aspirations.
To undertake work in line with the LLR Carers’ Strategy Delivery Action Plan relating to young carers. This should ensure that as far as possible, children and young people will be protected from inappropriate caring and have the support they need to learn, develop and thrive and to enjoy positive childhoods.
To build on practice across the partnership in which professionals/practitioners identify young carers, consider their needs at the outset of assessments using whole family & child first approach approach, so that the appropriate level of support is allocated to adults/families and networks are explore, which reduces the need for children and young people to provide inappropriate care.
- NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) in relevant subject, plus significant relevant experience that demonstrates skills, knowledge and competencies outlined below.
- Or equivalent level of relevant experience in a service and role that deliver where the applicant has delivered a variety of interventions to young people aged 10-19 in a relevant setting.
- Evidence of continuing professional development relevant to job role and within youth work
- Significant and relevant experience of working young people and their families, including working directly with young carers, over the last 4 years.
- Demonstrable and recent experience of the involvement of young people in the assessment, planning, development and evaluation of services.
- Experience of working in a multi-agency setting where outcomes for children have been achieved through this approach
- Experience of recent partnership working where outcomes for children have been improved through this approach
- Experience of working in a Youth Work based team
- Knowledge of the needs and issues of Young Carers/Carers and their families
- Knowledge and understanding of youth work values and the principles of participation.
- Knowledge of national policy relating to carers and vulnerable children/young people, including the statutory responsibility placed on local authorities.
- Good knowledge of partnership agencies, in statutory, voluntary, and independent sectors and the roles that they perfom
- Ability to work on own initiative and to prioritise work
- Gathers information from both internal and external sources to enhance problem solving and decision making.
- Possession of a valid driving licence and access to a vehicle. However, a reasonable adjustment will be considered for an applicant with a disability
- Ability to travel to and access a range of buildings including family homes, including having the relevant car insurance for business.
This post is the subject of a DBS enhanced check for a regulated activity
Please see the Job Description / Person Specification which are attached further down on this page
For informal enquires please contact Penny Pugh , Tel: 07966111021 Email: Penny.Pugh@leics.gov.uk
We are on a journey to be an inclusive department where a culture to celebrate equality, diversity and inclusion is embedded and discrimination challenged at every level together as a department. We warmly welcome those from all cultures, ethnicities and beliefs - this diversity is vital to our journey and is fundamental to our values and enriches the services we offer our children and families. We particularly welcome applicants from black, minority, ethnic (BME) communities, disabled people and lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans (LGBT) communities, as they are currently under represented within our workforce.
For further information about working for Leicestershire County Council, please click here.
If you have any technical issues completing your application form please contact https://emss.freshdesk.com/support/home