Do you have a passion for working with people in an Adult Social Care or Health setting?
Sandwell MBC and South West Birmingham NHS Trust are working in partnership to provide short term reablement in a newly built integrated Social Care and Health Centre, opening in July 2022. The centre will be an 80 bedded reablement centre based on Harvest Road, Rowley Regis.
We are now recruiting to a variety of roles within both organisations. This will be an exciting opportunity to work in a new purpose-built service supporting individuals to regain their skills and confidence so that they can return home.
This is the perfect opportunity for you to work as part of the management team for the new centre. Providing leadership support to staff and supporting individuals to maximise their independence so that they can reach their full potential and return to a community setting.
You must be genuinely driven with a desire to make a real difference in people's lives. An excellent communicator, good team player. Passionate about empowering & supporting service users to achieve the required independence.
You role will include:-
- To assist in the leadership of the Unit, including the supervision and training of staff.
- Assist to reduce long term care needs by promoting independence.
- Ensure appropriate discharge planning is achieved.
- Assist in reducing readmissions to the acute trusts.
- Integrated working with partners.
- Promote service user well-being and independence.
- To contribute to all aspects of the physical and emotional care needs of service users.
You can also expect to support the nursing team in specific areas, such as assessments, care plans or care reviews.
18.5 hours x 1
24 hours x 1
Hours vary with earliest starting time 7am and latest finishing time 10pm
Enhanced rates are included for weekend working and Bank Holidays.
You must be educated to GCSE level or equivalent.
You must also have NVQ/QCF/RQF Level 2 in care or equivalent and willingness to work towards RQF Level 3.
- An Enhanced DBS check will be required for the role.
- We will be required to ensure we are fully compliant with Government legislation in relation to the Vaccination status of staff working within CQC registered services.
- We offer generous terms and conditions including good annual leave entitlement, a competitive pension scheme and an employee benefits scheme
If you have any queries in relation to the post, please contact Emma_Bytheway@Sandwell.gov.uk
You will also be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Check.
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to their advertised date if we receive a large number of applications. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: email@example.com
For more information about working for Sandwell Council, our recruitment process and our offer to you please visit https://www.sandwell.gov.uk/info/200233/jobs
Information for Applicants
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.