Children’s Social Care - Specialist Provider Services
There is an exciting opportunity to be part of the teams working with children and young people in our short break specialist provision.
Wedgewood House and Clockhouse offer residential short break services across the whole of the Bradford Council district. These include overnight stays, holiday day care and after school visits for children aged 5-18 years. The main aims of the homes are to help children with disabilities to remain in their own home and community by providing social care support to the children and families. Your role would be to support and enhance the young people’s time away from their family home offering activities and stimulation within the home and the community. Some young people, due to their disabilities, may present behaviours that challenge and or have complex health needs requiring specialist additional training and support.
Wedgewood House; 61, Landscove Avenue, BD4 0NQ
Vacancies: Family Support Respite Worker days/nights – 37 hours
Days- Band 7-8 + 1 (Qualified): SCP 11- 23 (Bar at scp 22) £22,129- £28,226 pa (pro rata for part time posts)
Nights - Band 7+ 1 (Qualified) SCP 11-18 (Bar at scp 17) £25,419 -£24,982 pa (pro rata for part time posts)
The team at Wedgewood have specialist health training to care for children with complex health needs, as many of the children and young people have physical disabilities with additional complex health needs, sensory needs and Autistic spectrum conditions. The building is fully adapted for the physical and sensory needs of children to participate fully in their environment with friends and peers.
Clockhouse, Oakworth Road, Keighley, BD21 1QX
2 x Family Support Respite Worker - days 30 hours
Band 7-8 + 1 (Qualified): SCP 11- 23 (Bar at scp 22) £22,129 - £28,226 pa (FTE pro rata for part time posts)
The team at Clockhouse have specialist health training to care for children with complex health needs and autism. The environment and skills of team is tailored to accommodate children with learning and physical disabilities and children on the autistic spectrum from moderate to severe.
The successful candidates
- Must have Grade 4 or above in maths and English or Functional Skills level 2 or equivalent.
- Applicants with 2 years’ relevant work experience and relevant level 4 qualification (formerly level 3) may be eligible for band 7. Otherwise starting salary will be band 6 and qualification completed in 2 years to progress.
- Must be able to work shifts including weekend and bank holidays and unsociable hours regularly on a rota.
- Have good understanding of IT and computer systems.
- Be willing and able to undertake mandatory training and development as part of the role.
- Be willing to support personal care needs of young people and to support young people in times of stress or anxiety.
- Have the ability to nurture and support the children and young people that communicate and interact with the world through their own interpretation and don’t follow social conventions.
- ensuring the environment is clean and their needs are fully met.
- To have confidence to lead a shift and prioritise and delegate tasks to colleagues.
- The ability to contribute to Regulation 44 and Ofsted Inspections.
- Open to challenge themselves and learn about intensive interaction techniques and other specialist approaches.
- To be resourceful, committed and able to adapt approach depending on situation and environment
- Working as part of a disciplinary team with schools, Child and Adolescent mental health services, health services etc.
- An enhanced disclosure check with the Disclosure & Barring Service will be undertaken for this post.
- This post will be recruited via the Warner process, which means there will be a safeguarding interview as well as a formal interview and extensive checks.
- The Code of Practice on the English language requirement for public sector workers, Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016, requires that Councils ensure that all candidates applying for customer facing posts must be assessed in order to establish their fluency in English.
- The criteria under special knowledge and experience on the job profile which is shown in this advert, outlines what level of fluency you will be expected to demonstrate. Therefore, it is essential that you provide examples in your application.
For Further information regarding these posts, after reading the Job Profiles, please contact: Paula Denny; Assistant manager at Clockhouse, Tel: 01525 618220, email; email@example.com
PLEASE INDICATE ON YOUR APPLICATION FORM WHICH POSTS YOU ARE INTERESTED IN:
Closing date: 7th June 2022
Interviews will take place w/c 20th June 2022
To apply for these posts please click Apply button.