Part time and full time vacancies available,the post is combination of home and office based working. We also have a vacancy in Charnwood
- To provide efficient and effective clerical, typing and database support to Children & Family services within department, which includes Children & Family Wellbeing Services and Social Care.
- It is vital to the future of the department that the post holder is flexible in taking on additional tasks, willing to offer help to employees and treats co-operation and support for colleagues as a top priority.
- To ensure the Health and Safety of all users and all staff, taking responsibility for risk management and incident reporting
- To oversee the running of the localities; this includes managing displays, inventories and building Health and Safety
- Willingness to undertake training in other software packages as necessary.
- NVQ 2 in Business Administration or equivalent. Or equivalent level of relevant experience.
- Previous clerical experience ideally in a public sector setting.
- Experience of using a range of software packages (Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc.)
- Previous reception experience, telephone enquiries and correspondence.
- Experience of filing and record systems.
- Good written and oral communication skills (communicating with members of the public and staff inside and outside of the Service).
- Evidence of establishing and maintaining manual and electronic admin systems.
- Experience of working in a politically structured environment.
- Full understanding of the need to maintain confidentiality.
- Good level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Evidence of numeracy, literacy and statistical analysis skills.
- Good computer skills, including MS Word, Excel and Access.
- Good level of literacy sufficient to enable the production of high quality written materials suitable for a variety of audiences.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential matters.
- Excellent customer care skills.
- To work effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to prioritise own workload and work under minimum supervision.
Please see the Job Description / Person Specification which are attached further down on this page.
For informal enquires please contact Stephanie Cluer Tel: 0116 305 2623 Email: Stephanie.Cluer@leics.gov.uk
We are on a journey to be an inclusive department where a culture to celebrate equality, diversity and inclusion is embedded and discrimination challenged at every level together as a department. We warmly welcome those from all cultures, ethnicities and beliefs - this diversity is vital to our journey and is fundamental to our values and enriches the services we offer our children and families’ We particularly welcome applicants from black, minority, ethnic (BME) communities, disabled people and lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans (LGBT) communities, as they are currently under represented within our workforce.
For further information about working for Leicestershire County Council, please click here.
If you have any technical issues completing your application form please contact https://emss.freshdesk.com/support/home
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.