- Are you looking for working arrangements that enhance your work-life balance?
- Do you want to join a positive and ambitious team?
- Do you have an excellent understanding of national, regional and local planning policy?
If so, we’d love to hear from you!
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Spatial and Transport Planning service for a Senior Policy Planner (2-years fixed term) to be based within a team of professional planners leading on the development of the Wandsworth and Richmond Local Plans and related policies. There has never been a more challenging – or rewarding – time to work for Richmond and Wandsworth.
About the role
The Senior Planner (Policy) will independently manage areas of planning policy, including leading on Local Plan evidence base preparation, policy drafting and representing the Council at Examinations in Public in both Richmond and Wandsworth, providing comprehensive and detailed policy advice on planning applications, pre-application advice requests and correspondence to agreed and identifiable timescales.
You will also independently manage key specialist projects related to planning policy and the Local Plans’ broader implementation within the boroughs, as allocated by the Spatial Planning and Design Team Manager and under the supervision of the Principal Policy and Information Planners.
You will also have the opportunity to coach and supervise junior planning officers to help them acquire the skills and knowledge so that they can become self-reliant in dealing with technical and people issues.
The role is based within the Richmond and Wandsworth Shared Staffing Arrangement and will involve working on both boroughs’ Local Plans.
Who we are
We are part of the Planning and Transport Strategy Division and the Spatial and Transport Planning Service under the wider Environment and Community Services Directorate.
We are positive and ambitious – When you join us, you’ll apply the same approach.
- Take a key role in a progressive team of planning professionals in providing definitive and professional advice for the two Councils.
- Bring an excellent understanding of national, regional and local planning policy and associated legislative requirements and policy guidance.
- Create and apply planning policy and strategy and deliver successful planning outcomes.
- Help to deliver a high quality, robust and transparent Spatial Planning service.
- Ensure decision making within tight time frames and that the Spatial and Transport Planning service is recognised as delivering an excellent planning service for all of our customers.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity in more detail, please contact Andrea Kitzberger-Smith, Spatial Planning and Design Team Manager on 020 8891 7364 or email email@example.com.
What do we offer
In return, we can offer you working arrangements that will enhance your work-life balance. These include home working (dependent on service need), and a generous holiday allowance of 31 days plus bank holidays.
In addition, we offer a range of staff benefits such as membership of the Local Government contributory pension scheme, new technology scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts at many leisure activities, restaurants, shops and other establishments. A wide range of developmental opportunities are also offered.
Next steps and how to apply
Please register, submit your CV and a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of this role. If you are having difficulty in applying online, please contact the Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org to see if we can offer alternative arrangements for you to apply.
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.