Personal Advisor - Maternity Cover until 23rd March 2023
Are you a highly motivated and confident person committed to improving outcomes for young people preparing to leave the Council’s care? Do you have the experience and knowledge to know what works when supporting young people through the difficult transition between childhood and adulthood independence?
This is a rewarding, challenging and essential role, in our support of young people Leaving Care. As a Personal Advisor, you will carry a caseload of young people aged 17-25 years and support them through individual direct work, group-work and activity programmes, which may require some flexible working. You will assess their needs, create and review Pathway Plans and be a consistent support to them into adulthood. You will motivate them to make the very best of the resources available and encourage them to play a part in improving services. You will be part of a Care Leavers’ team and service group which consists of social workers and personal advisors.
- Knowledge of the relevant legal and regulatory frameworks relating to care leavers and the role of the Personal Advisor
- Knowledge of the areas of education, training, employment and housing in relation to young people and leaving care
- Knowledge of local procedures for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people
- Good knowledge of the challenges facing young people leaving care
- Ability to engage and motivate young people from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to write succinctly and maintain accurate electronic records.
This role requires an Enhanced DBS certificate
When completing your application please include your areas of relevant experience and demonstrate how you meet the requirements for the role.
For an informal discussion about this opportunity, please contact Sharon Brown; email@example.com 020 8921
If you require any assistance in viewing or accessing this opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020-8921-8977
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.