The successful candidate will be based within District Admin Teams for Adult Services. They will be line managed by an Admin Officer and be part of a team of Admin Assistant colleagues
· OCR/RSA II Typing/Word Processing or equivalent/relevant experience
· Good standard of general education
They will provide a clerical and typing service, including maintaining databases and processing information. To undertake telephone and reception duties for multi-disciplinary teams in an environment where interruptions are common place and sensitivity to callers needs are required.
To undertake general office administration tasks, including filing, photocopying, cash handling (for example petty cash) and processing financial documentation.
To provide relief cover for other members of the administrative team as appropriate. This may include travelling to other sites within locality
‘The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.’
We have some outstanding benefits to offer you, including:
· 25 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays (rising to 30 after 5 years of service)(pro-rata for part-time employees) · Automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
· Flexi scheme applicable to majority of roles
· Local government discount schemes available to all employees with offers at local businesses along with various national brands
· A commitment to work-life balance offering flexibility through various schemes including job sharing, home working, flexible working, part-year working, and compressed hours
· Car Leasing Scheme ·
Who are we looking for?
The candidate should have good numeracy and literacy skills as well as good communication and listening skills.
They should have good organisational skills and have the ability to prioritise work, to use initiative as well as working to deadlines.
They should have a commitment to working as a member of a team and have a flexible approach to duties on or off normal base. They should have the ability to communicate with staff at all levels.
They should have the ability to work within a clear policy of confidentiality.
They should have the ability to work outside normal office hours as and when appropriate
The ability to work well under pressure as well as experience of working with the public would be beneficial.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We operate a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. If you wish to notify us of your eligibility for this scheme please email email@example.com with your name and the job title you have applied for and one of the recruitment team will ensure this is factored in the shortlisting process and kept anonymous.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend an interview please also let the team know.
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.