Premises Officer (County Hall/Traded)
An opportunity has arisen for a Premises officer working in our busy Premises support team at County Hall.
You would be responsible for (among other duties) the unlocking and locking of the County Hall site alongside undertaking minor repairs, health and safety checks, liaising with contractors, deputising for team leader in there absence and the general upkeep of the buildings/grounds.
This role involves working a shift pattern:
- Relevant experience of undertaking general DIY and maintenance.
- Literacy skills to fill in diaries, claim forms and health and safety records.
- Excellent communication skills to report issues and communicate with the team.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Flexability in working rota to meet the requirements of the service
- Ability to carry out heavy manual handling.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to work without constant supervision.
- Willingness to attend site at any time of day or night to deal with an emergency.
- Hold a full UK driving licence.
This post is the subject of an Enhanced DBS check
Please see the Job Description / Person Specification which are attached further down on this page
For informal enquires please contact Chris Unwin, Tel: 0791 962 4637 Email: Chris.Unwin@leics.gov.uk
We particularly welcome applicants from black, minority, ethnic (BME) communities, disabled people and lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans (LGBT) communities, as they are currently under represented within our workforce.
For further information about working for Leicestershire County Council, please click here.
If you have any technical issues completing your application form please contact https://emss.freshdesk.com/support/home
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.