Assistant Director Regulatory Services
£62,872 - £68,599 - Plus market leading package (see below)
We are accepting CV’s for this position so it’s easier than ever to apply!!
The Place Department in Derbyshire County Council is going through an exciting change programme, reflecting a varied and stimulating workload that will help reshape the physical, social and economic landscape within the County.
The Economy and Regeneration Service is recruiting three, new senior leaders to help drive forward this agenda which includes: delivery of a regeneration and place shaping programme worth over £500m; working closely with global Tier 1 and other businesses; helping core industrial sectors to thrive (Derbyshire’s tourism sector alone is currently worth over £2bn); and making sure our residents have the very best opportunities to access to skills and employment.
We are seeking inspiring, experienced and energetic leaders to fill the following roles:
Assistant Director Sustainable Growth
Assistant Director Regeneration & Major Projects
Assistant Director Regulatory Services
This new role presents a fantastic opportunity for an experienced, strategic leader to join the Economy and Regeneration Management Team and drive forward a range of high performing, statutory services that help protect not only the quality of our environment but local residents and businesses in our relentless pursuit of sustainable economic growth.
You will lead the Council’s regulatory functions in relation to Planning, Highways Development Control and Trading Standards, not only ensuring that legislative standards and processes are met but that excellence and innovation are at the heart of service delivery.
This is a role for a proven and capable leader who is able to inspire staff, who is exceptionally customer focused and has substantial experience in managing and innovating service delivery in a fast paced environment.
So, if you want to have a strong influence in building sustainable places across the beautiful county of Derbyshire and want to work for a forward thinking and innovative authority, joining this ambitious and dynamic team could be the perfect opportunity for you to really make a difference.
Key aspects of this role also include:
- Provide professional, expert opinion and leadership to relevant partnership arenas, working closely with authorities, key external partners, professional bodies and agencies both regionally and nationally on the undertaking of statutory planning and highway functions
- Be responsible for protecting the Council’s interests and reputation by managing the preparation of evidence and witness statements to support appearances at public inquiries and court hearings
- Support the Place directorate in the identification, prioritisation and delivery of sustainable growth and net zero strategies
- Deliver organisational efficiency and effectiveness within Regulatory Services and support the wider approach to transformation within Economy and Regeneration, specifically ensuring effective performance, budget and people management within a culture of continuous improvement
This list is not exhaustive, take a look at our comprehensive job profile for more detail.
What skills/experience will you need?
- Substantial senior level managerial experience with the ability to develop and sustain high performing teams and partnerships
- Have substantial experience of leadership and management in a directly related field and in a large, complex, multi-service organisation
- Ability to build a climate of trust during periods of change, using leadership skills to generate positive support and energy for change proposals
- Ability to manage multi-functional services, developing and implementing new systems and initiatives and ensuring continuing service efficiencies
- Ability to objectively assess need, based on evidence and information and make strategic decisions in relation to service priorities and work across service boundaries
Derbyshire is a wonderful place to live, visit and work. The post will be based at County Hall at Matlock, in the heart of the Derbyshire Dales.
And what’s in it for you?
- 34 days of annual leave
- Flexible working scheme allowing up to an additional 2 days off per month
- Generous local government pension scheme
- Guaranteed incremental annual pay increases
- Discounts at selected county leisure centres
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free online health and exercise sessions
- …and much more!
Derbyshire County Council is going through a period of positive development and transformation so it’s a great time to join and drive change.
For a snapshot of the key regeneration opportunities across Derbyshire – from major sites which will help drive economic prosperity and support a growing population, to smaller projects at the heart of our communities please visit Invest in Derbyshire
For an informal and confidential chat about the role please contact the Director of Economy & Regeneration, Joe Battye – email@example.com
Provisional Interview Date; week commencing 13th June