- Are you an ambitious and talented professional seeking to take the next step in your career?
- Are you looking for working arrangements that will enhance your work-life balance, including flexible working options and generous holiday allowance?
If you answered yes, then we'd love to hear from you!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Engineer position within the Traffic and Engineering section responsible for the management and delivery of highway engineering services. We deliver a broad range of civil engineering opportunities within the team covering areas such as traffic, public realm, capital maintenance, lighting, flooding, S278 and S106 highway projects. This role is ideal for an experienced engineer who wishes to take on additional technical and management responsibilities.
The role is based in Wandsworth, and you will be responsible for S278 projects, design and implementation of traffic schemes that would include town centre public realm, traffic calming and cycling infrastructure to enhance the highway, improve road safety and promote walking and cycling. There will also be the opportunity to work on sustainable urban drainage initiatives to reduce the risk of flooding in the boroughs.
This is a fast moving and dynamic team which will suit talented and ambitious professionals seeking to take the next step in their career. You will be working in a stimulating and supportive environment, where you will have the opportunity to pursue an engineering professional qualification. You will be required to use your programme and contract management skills and demonstrate excellent budgetary and financial management.
- Ensure that the services for both Councils are dealt with to deliver the standards required.
- Provide operational and motivational leadership of staff.
- Ensure all Member queries about service delivery are dealt with promptly and effectively.
- Advise and support senior managers on relevant service and operational matters.
- Support ways of working that ensure residents and stakeholders are actively engaged in the future of the function.
- You will have sound practical highway/traffic engineering knowledge.
- You possess knowledge of street works, highways and other relevant legislation and associated health and safety requirements.
- You have working knowledge of asset management, prioritising and programming of schemes.
- You will have appropriate professional qualification and at least 1 year’s post qualification experience.
Why choose us?
At Richmond and Wandsworth Councils, we care more about how you work and what you achieve, rather than where you work on any given day. The difference you can make to our local communities is what really matters most to us, service delivery must always come first. We have carefully considered agile ways of working to provide the best experience for residents, stakeholders and our staff. Our agile working strategy actively supports and encourages a dynamic work environment and daily working experience. Agile working helps put the needs of our staff at the centre of everything we do, so if specific flexible working arrangements helps you with this, feel free to let us know.
Your wellbeing and the flexible way in which you can work is and will remain a key priority for Richmond and Wandsworth Councils. We want you to thrive and feel empowered in your work!
We recognise the importance of a good balance between work and home life so we do everything we can to accommodate flexible working including, working from home, compressed hours, term time only, job shares and other arrangements. Please just let us know in your application or at any stage throughout the process (and beyond) if these are options you’d like to explore. We also offer a generous holiday allowance of 39 paid days (pro rata) including bank holidays and a wide range of learning and development opportunities.
In addition, we offer a comprehensive range of staff benefits such as membership of the Local Government pension scheme, childcare vouchers, new technology scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts with many leisure activities, restaurants, shops and other establishments.
Please review the attached Job Profile for the full details on this varied role.
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.