Exciting opportunities have arisen for dedicated, enthusiastic, and self-motivated Occupational Therapists, to join our OT service throughout Leicestershire County Council.As an Occupational Therapist, you will complete OT assessments for both Children and Adults in major housing adaptations and reablement areas of interest.
We have recently incorporated Children’s OT Services into the Adult OT Services and this is an exciting time to be part of the process for developing the services and skills in all areas.
We have both permanent posts and fixed term posts for consideration. We can offer a varied in-house training programme, participation in OT student education, great team and managerial support and a varied case load. Additionally, we offer a hybrid of home based and office based working.
We have a strong team of OT’s and CSW’s who are passionate about supporting individuals with disabilities and long-term needs. Our OT service covers major adaptations, equipment provision, moving and handling and re-housing needs. We offer regular supervision, on-going support and CPD opportunities. We aim to achieve the best outcomes for children and adults across Leicestershire, taking a strengths-based approach and embracing change and new opportunities.
- Responsible for working collaboratively, to assess and identify the needs of disabled adults and children across Leicestershire. Make recommendations for the provision of specialist equipment and minor / major home adaptations, to promote people’s independence, safety and wellbeing.
- Provide professional guidance and support to CSW’s and Housing Support Co-ordinators / Trusted Assessors.
- To work closely with other Social Care colleagues and professionals from other partner agencies, such as Housing and Health. Essential requirements: Degree/ Diploma in Occupational Therapy, state registration with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Skills, knowledge, and experience relevant to the Occupational Therapy role within adult social care, including minor adaptations, major complex adaptations, specialist equipment provision and moving and handling skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of housing issues and their link to social care.
- The ability to work with carers, colleagues, and partnership agencies to deliver the most effective service.
- Ability to manage a caseload and to set clear objectives and plans.
To learn more about our OT Teams and hear from one of our Team Managers, Vikki Turner, please click HERE
For more information about working in our team please use the link below: https://www.leicestershire.gov.uk/jobs-and-volunteering/working-for-the-council/social-worker-recruitment
The post holder will be provided with an office base, however due to the nature of the role you must have the ability to travel to other areas across the locality. Due to the pandemic, our staff are currently working from home. The working hours are Monday to Thursday 8.30 – 5pm and Friday 8.30 – 4.30pm. Flexible working can be considered. Benefits of working for Leicestershire County Council: -
- Committed to providing an inclusive workplace
- Relocation package available
- Existing continuous service leave entitlement (plus 5 years) will be honoured
- Paid HCPC registration
- Excellent health and wellbeing support available for employees
- Lease car scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Option to purchase additional annual leave
We particularly welcome applicants from black, minority, ethnic (BME) communities, disabled people and lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans (LGBT) communities, as they are currently under represented within our workforce. We are on a journey to be an inclusive department where a culture to celebrate equality, diversity and inclusion is embedded and discrimination challenged at every level together as a department. We warmly welcome those from all cultures, ethnicities and beliefs - this diversity is vital to our journey and is fundamental to our values and enriches the services we offer. For more information on the benefits of working for Leicestershire County Council please click here employee benefits Please Click here to look at our brochure Employment Deal – Working for Leicestershire County Council.
This post is the subject of an Enhanced DBS check.
For more information regarding this post, please contact Andy Dengate (Resourcing Co-ordinator) email@example.com, T:0116 3050914. If you have any technical issues completing your application form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.