Here at Leicestershire County Council, we now have exciting opportunities for Social Workers to join our well-established teams.
We have vacancies in our teams working with people in Home First, Safeguarding, Cognitive & Physical Disabilities, Learning Disability & Autism and Mental Health. You will mainly be working from home, with an allocated office base at either County Hall Glenfield, Coalville or our Wigston office. Should you have a preference of the team you would be working for, please state this on your application.
Our teams are friendly, supportive with regular supervision and our employees have manageable workloads. The teams hold weekly Group Supervision Meetings, to promote the best possible outcomes for the people we work with across Leicestershire. We provide a comprehensive induction package with ongoing access to bespoke learning and development opportunities. This includes tailored continuous professional development sessions and access to academic research and practice expertise to develop skills, experience and inform our employee’s practice.
We have an excellent Assessed and Supported Year in Employment programme for all Newly Qualified Social Workers that join us, with protected caseloads, dedicated Practice Mentor Assessor, network meetings with other NQSW’s. At Leicestershire we are passionate about supporting you in your social worker career and we can provide opportunities to develop your career with us.
Main Duties involve:
• Completing Care & Support Assessments under The Care Act 2014
• Mental Capacity Assessments
• Safeguarding Adults
• Multi-disciplinary teamwork
- Qualified Social Worker
- Social Work England Registered
- Effective assessment and risk management delivery
- Prioritising work and meeting deadlines
- Knowledge, experience & skills working with people who have learning disabilities, physical disabilities and/or autism
- Knowledge & application of relevant legislation including The Care Act, Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act
- Knowledge & application of social care policies such as person-centred approaches, asset based social work, preventative strategies and approaches to positive risk taking
To learn more about our brand new service model and for more information regarding the range of exciting opportunities we have within Adults Social Care, please click on the following link to hear from our Assistant Director, Heather Pick - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oveE6uSRIkg
For more information about working in our team please use the link below: https://www.leicestershire.gov.uk/jobs-and-volunteering/working-for-the-council/social-worker-recruitment
The post holder will be provided with an office base, however due to the nature of the role you must have the ability to travel to other areas across the locality. Due to the pandemic, our staff are currently working from home. The working hours are Monday to Thursday 8.30 – 5pm and Friday 8.30 – 4.30pm. Flexible working can be considered.
Benefits of working for Leicestershire County Council: -
- Committed to providing an inclusive workplace
- Relocation package available
- Existing continuous service leave entitlement (plus 5 years) will be honoured
- Paid Social Work England registration
- Excellent health and wellbeing support available for employees
- Lease car scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Option to purchase additional annual leave
We particularly welcome applicants from black, minority, ethnic (BME) communities, disabled people and lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans (LGBT) communities, as they are currently under represented within our workforce. We are on a journey to be an inclusive department where a culture to celebrate equality, diversity and inclusion is embedded and discrimination challenged at every level together as a department. We warmly welcome those from all cultures, ethnicities and beliefs - this diversity is vital to our journey and is fundamental to our values and enriches the services we offer. For more information on the benefits of working for Leicestershire County Council please click here employee benefits Please Click here to look at our brochure Employment Deal – Working for Leicestershire County Council
This post is the subject of an Enhanced DBS check.
For more information regarding this post, please contact Andy Dengate (Resourcing Co-ordinator) email@example.com, T:0116 3050914.
If you have any technical issues completing your application form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.