The Code of Practice on the English language requirement for public sector workers Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 requires that Councils ensure that all candidates applying for customer facing posts must be assessed in order to establish their fluency in English.
The criteria under special knowledge and experience on the job profile shown in this advert outlines what level of fluency you will be expected to demonstrate. Therefore, it is essential that you provide examples in your application.
This is a great opportunity to work in a thriving City with award winning shopping, parks, nature reserves, historic architecture, museums, galleries and first class leisure facilities, Bradford Metropolitan District has it all.
The city is leading an exciting period of regeneration so it’s an exciting time to be joining our team. You will be an essential member of the team supporting major programmes of transportation and highway projects which will help transform our district to deliver a more sustainable transport network through an unprecedented investment of over £300m over the next 5 to 10 years.
The role will be to ensure the provision of a high quality, professional support service to the officers of the WY+TF Projects Team and the Highway Engineering Services function who are involved in delivering a wide range of infrastructure projects including rail station refurbishments, road improvements, sustainable transport programmes together with public space and landscaping improvements. You will deal with and resolve requests for advice/help in relation to project management and commissioning activities.
Working closely with the Council’s Engineering Design Manager and reporting to the Highways PMO Manager you will be primarily responsible for supporting the team and maintaining a range of information systems including maintenance of configuration management of records in line with service guidelines and the requirements of the West Yorkshire Combined Authority’s Assurance Framework relating to the portfolio of (WY+TF) projects allocated to Project Managers and the Council’s Project Board(s).
You will require:
· A minimum of 3 years’ office/clerical work including provision of project management support, provision of financial or management information via electronic systems
· NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in relevant subject
Some of the great benefits we offer are:
· Flexible working hours’ scheme with hybrid working allowing working from home.
· 25 days’ annual leave per year (raising to 30 days after 5 years’ service). · 8 Bank Holidays per year, plus a floating day.
· Salary sacrifice Cycle to Works Scheme, car loans and reduced car parking costs.
· ‘MyLifestyle’ benefits offering discounts with local and national retailers.
· Credit Union.
· Contributory pension scheme.
· Discounted gym membership (Club-Active) at Council owned gyms.
For further information please contact James Williams on 07582 101369 or email: email@example.com
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.