We are looking for a commissioning officer with experience of commissioning within social care or health care and a working knowledge of the Transforming Care agenda. The successful candidate will develop and lead on a variety of commissioning and market shaping activity to achieve positive outcomes for people within Leicestershire. This includes strategic planning within the remit of Transforming Care, undertaking engagement to facilitate service design and development, liaising with key stakeholders and working closely with provider markets to develop services. The successful candidate will also coordinate commissioning activity for adult social care within the department.
The Commissioning Officer will have:
- A relevant degree or professional qualification or an equivalent level of relevant experience
- Experience of commissioning, service development and multi-agency working
- A strong track record of partnership working in a complex multi-agency environment
- Experience of engaging people and key stakeholders in planning, commissioning or strategy development
- Well-developed analytical and communication skills – written and verbal – including the ability to produce clear and concise reports.
- An ability to respond to competing priorities and demanding timescales
The Commissioning Officer will be:
- Aware of key issues facing local authorities and provider markets
- Knowledge of the Transforming Care agenda including key priorities, challenges and relevant legislation
- Organised and a good time manager
- A good communicator and partnership worker
- Flexible to meet changing demands
Please see the job description and person specification which is attached further down on this page.
Interviews are expected to be held on 15th, 16th or 17th of June, with interviews taking place remotely.
For informal enquiries please contact Leah Philbin, Lead Commissioner for Working Age Adults on Tel: 0116 305 1550 or at Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What we offer:
Working at Leicestershire County Council, you can expect to receive a variety of benefits including a generous annual leave allowance, the option to buy additional annual leave, and membership of the national Local Government Pension Scheme.
We also offer employee discounts on products and retailers, a cycle to work scheme, and free access to a wellbeing service including professional counselling.
About Leicestershire County Council:
Leicestershire County Council is one of the best performing councils in the country. We’ve achieved several decades of high performance, with our success recognised by national Government, industry awards and our residents.
It’s our people that drive the council’s success. Their day-to-day effort, creativity, determination and commitment to the people of Leicestershire to help us achieve our aims. We strive each day to make a real difference for people in Leicestershire. Whether we’re fixing the roads or protecting young people, supporting a carer or helping to boost the economy.
We appear in the Stonewall top 100 employer list and we value the diversity that our staff can bring to making a real difference in the lives of people from Leicestershire.
For further information about working for Leicestershire County Council, please click here.
If you have any technical issues completing your application form please contact https://emss.freshdesk.com/support/home
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.