This is a fixed term role until March 2023.
An exciting opportunity for someone who is seeking a challenge in an interesting field. We need someone who will pro-actively champion Prevent to community, voluntary and faith-based organisations in Sandwell and raise their awareness of Prevent, and resilience to extremism.
- To lead on identifying, developing and delivering a range of work-streams that support and contribute to Sandwell’s Prevent delivery plan in relation to community, voluntary and faith-based organisations
- To proactively engage with community, voluntary and faith-based organisations in Sandwell and the wider community to support their ongoing compliance with the statutory Prevent Duty
- Be responsible for developing relationships within the community, voluntary and faith-based sector in Sandwell to allow Prevent priorities to be delivered within these settings, and support them with any Prevent related issues and concerns
- Develop and deliver guidance, briefings, workshops and training products to a range of community settings and related audiences to raise awareness of the Prevent duty, and the risks around extremism and radicalisation. Also to increase the Prevent programme’s visibility and reputation for partnership working at a local level
- To identify and report community sentiments and tensions in Sandwell
- To update databases, complete quarterly reports and act in a confidential manner regarding all information and documents received and circulated, taking account of the sensitivity of both the subject matter and the sensitivity of information to be managed in your role to the public and to the council and its partners
Essential Requirements for the role:
- GCSE’s in English and Maths or equivalent
- Car ownership essential – this role will require daily travel to different settings within Sandwell. Fuel expenses will be paid
- DBS to be undertaken
- At least 2 years current or recent experience in community engagement work or in a related field.
- Good knowledge/experience of Prevent
- Excellent organisational, communications and people skills
- Confident, bubbly, pro-active and highly motivated individual. Able to work co-operatively with community establishments, being aware of and able to overcome associated boundaries and barriers to effective cooperation
- Good level of resilience and skills to manage difficult conversations and situations, considering the area of work Prevent covers
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
37 hours per week
You will travel to different organisations daily, with your main base being home. Flexi-hours will be available, and working days can be negotiated. Flexibility will be required where occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
For an informal discussion, please contact Pardeep Brar on (07500 129348) or Email Pardeep_Brar@sandwell.gov.uk
We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to their advertised date if we receive a large number of applications. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about working for Sandwell Council, our recruitment process and our offer to you please visit https://www.sandwell.gov.uk/info/200233/jobs
Information for applicants
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.