Northumberland County Council operates a huge range of services across one of the largest counties in the UK. Local Government’s ongoing challenges and the diversity of our residents means we have to work smarter. That’s why we want bold, creative and agile thinkers who can help us move forward and innovate.
For further information about working for Northumberland County Council, please click here: http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/working
Corporate Finance provides a range of effective, efficient and high quality professional services with support to Members, managers, staff, services, schools and a range of external partners in the delivery of the Councils objectives.
The Corporate Finance Team is made up of 36 full time equivalent posts and provides all the Accountancy functions of the Council.
This post will manage, maintain and develop the Council’s corporate financial management system, budget preparation and monitoring system, projects system and all related processes to drive continuous improvement throughout the service.
The Council has recently implemented Oracle Fusion and Hyperion budgeting and the post holder will manage and maintain key processes relating to the above systems, including period end, year end rollover and daily interface routines, ensuring they are completed to the necessary timescales and ensuring system integrity and all data capture and reports are completed.
The appointed person will be the key contact point for system users’ queries and problems, providing fault resolution and support. The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
We are offering:
- A starting salary of £33,486 (salary range £33,486 to £37,568)
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (or other pension scheme)
- A wide range of staff benefits including a competitive annual leave provision
- Applications are sought from qualified members of the Association of Accounting Technicians or part qualified CCAB accountants with knowledge and experience of IT support processes, problem solving skills, and experience in identifying improvements and implementing them.
- An understanding and experience of using complex software packages relating to financial management systems, ensuring accuracy and robustness.
- Ability to work as part of a team and foster a positive organisational culture.
For further information about this vacancy, please contact Suzanne Dent (01670 625515/Suzanne.Dent@northumberland.gov.uk) or Anthony Dunn (01670 625510 /Anthony.Dunn@northumberland.gov.uk) for an informal discussion.
To view a copy of the Job Description and Personal Specification please click here
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.