We are looking for someone to join the busy and dynamic Business Support team within the Children and Family service.
Whilst there will be particular areas of work we are always looking to train our staff to offer the best possible service to our officers and also to encourage personal development with a view to changing roles across the Children and Family service.
At this time we are adopting a hybrid approach to ways of working so we are always as flexible as possible within the needs of the business and the team.
- To provide efficient and effective business support processes associated with statutory requirements, including assessments and monitoring
- To advise clients in accordance with national and local legislation/policies
- To work with and liaise confidently with a range of internal and external agencies to ensure children receive our services and gather/monitor appropriate information
- To provide comprehensive business/secretarial support for staff within C&FS
- It is vital to the future of the department that the post holder is flexible in taking on additional tasks, willing to offer help to employees and treats co-operation and support for colleagues as a top priority
- NVQ level 2 or equivalent in literacy and numeracy
- Trained and proficient in all aspects of the Microsoft Office Suite of software
- Has relevant experience of working within a busy office environment
- Experience of creating and maintaining Access databases
- Experience of working with spreadsheets
- Experience in a range of admin procedures
- Experience of minuting meetings
- Diary management and facilitating meetings
- Ability to take accurate notes of meetings and type drafts for approval
- Good grammatical skills
- Ability to maintain and create Access databases
- Ability to use spreadsheets and perform basic data analysis
- Good customer care skills with ability to take and convey telephone messages accurately
- Good organisational and record keeping skills
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships and communicate effectively with staff at all levels
- Understanding and appreciation of confidentiality
- Evidence of being able to work collaboratively within a team
- Ability to work under effectively and efficiently whilst under pressure
- Ability to meet targets and deadlines
Please see the Job Description / Person Specification which are attached further down on this page.
For informal enquires please contact Rachel Condon, Tel: 0116 305 8061 Email: Rachel.Condon@leics.gov.uk
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.