Our client based in York is looking for an Asset Maintenance Engineer to undertake a pivotal role within the team for a minimum of 12 months.
The role is hybrid but you will be needed on varies sites in York, the number of days will vary, dependant upon the project. Immediate start would be ideal.
Competitive rate of pay
Reporting to the Highway Maintenance & Asset Management Manager, this role based in York, will be within the Highway Maintenance team who focus on delivering annual programmes of carriageway and foot-way resurfacing, manage the structural maintenance programme, design and maintain our Highway Asset Management systems.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Undertaking the identification and evaluation of asset data and needs to develop early solutions, in line with agreed methodologies and prioritisation criteria.
- Developing early solutions for renewals and / or improvements, including the compiling of relevant documents, evidence and options for value management, considering life expectancy, build-ability and costs.
- Preparing briefs and manage delivery of survey works • Develop the technical briefs to the design and build contractor
- Monitoring the delivery of agreed early solutions and plans, liaising with the relevant teams to identify and rectify issues.
- Project managing (including budget monitoring) schemes and report progress to the Highway Maintenance & Asset Management Manager.
- Providing professional and technical advice in relation to the delivery of highways and transport services in York including the supervision of Highway works.
You will be responsible for ensuring the development and maintenance of an effective and compliant Highways Infrastructure Asset Management Plan (HIAMP) including all relevant assets, systems and structures. You will be integral to the Highways Structures function which will involve significant maintenance projects, inspections, etc.
What we need from you:
- Someone that relishes a challenge and is capable of making make happen!
- Highway Maintenance experience, ideally gained in a large, complex organisation with multiple stakeholders, with strong and up to date knowledge of Highways legislation and best practice.
- Experience of management, inspection or design of Structures maintenance projects, as well as a working knowledge of Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) standards, methods of working & Specification for Highway Works.
- Experience in highway construction and delivery methods.
To apply, please visit the WorkwithYork website or ring us on 07922 425165 for more information.
Regrettably we can't respond to every application we receive and please note that to apply for this vacancy you must be able to work in the United Kingdom.
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.